Empower every person and organization on the planet to achieve more. That’s what inspires us, drives our work and pushes us to challenge the status quo every day. We also work to empower our employees, so they can achieve more. We believe we should each find meaning in our work and we ensure employees have the freedom and the reach to help make a difference in the world.
Microsoft’s Finance vision is focused on how business partnership leads to outcomes and how we drive impact. We do this through our core values - People, Prioritization, Partnership and Protect.
Microsoft maintains a global tax planning and compliance strategy that is administered and coordinated at the Microsoft Corporate level, as part of Corporate Finance and Administration, under the Executive Vice President and Chief Financial Officer of the Company. This set-up assures proper coordination and implementation of appropriate policies and procedures.
The Tax & Trade function is responsible for global tax and trade planning, reporting and compliance, including the technology and process functions to support the coordination of these functions. There are six major functions within the Tax Department. 1) Tax & Trade Affairs; 2) International Tax & Transfer Pricing; 3) Tax Reporting; 4) Tax Planning & Controversy; 5) Trade; and 6) Tax & Trade Process and Technology.
The Tax & Trade Process and Technology Team (“TTPT”) plays an important role in overseeing and administering strategic improvements in tax and trade processes and tools. This is achieved through collaboration within the Tax & Trade function and across other Microsoft functions including Operations Finance, FinOps, Corporate Accounting, Engineering and Supply Chain.
The Business Process Manager role will primarily support the Tax Reporting function as a member of the Tax and Trade Process and Technology Team (“TTPT”), broadening the function to provide a global support model for the function. The role will also bridge cross-functional projects across TTPT, collaborating to ensure optimal end-to-end solutions related to Direct Tax compliance and reporting scope.
· BA/BS degree in Business, Finance, Accounting, Computer Science, Engineering or equivalent
· Experience with ERP and Microsoft financial systems, including SAP and Microsoft Reporting Analytics (MSRA)
· Experience with CorpTax, ONESOURCE or other tax software is desired
· Experience with major enterprise resource planning (ERP) systems, such as SAP
· Advanced Excel skills, E.g. pivot tables, data connections, complex formulas, and modeling
· Data preparation and manipulation using various ETL tools
· Knowledge of database technologies, such as Microsoft SQL Server database
· Familiarity with the data visualization tools, such as Microsoft Power BI
· Process Design & Continuous Process Improvement
· Business Analysis & Performance
· Prior experience within a finance business unit and/or tax function
· Analytics & Reporting
· Cross-group Collaboration
Microsoft is an equal opportunity employer. All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to age, ancestry, color, family or medical care leave, gender identity or expression, genetic information, marital status, medical condition, national origin, physical or mental disability, political affiliation, protected veteran status, race, religion, sex (including pregnancy), sexual orientation, or any other characteristic protected by applicable laws, regulations and ordinances. We also consider qualified applicants regardless of criminal histories, consistent with legal requirements. If you need assistance and/or a reasonable accommodation due to a disability during the application or the recruiting process, please send a request via the Accommodation request form.
Benefits/perks listed below may vary depending on the nature of your employment with Microsoft and the country where you work.
Launch your career - Create your profile now!Create your Profile
Loading some great jobs for you...