Staff Accountant - Medical Device
Employment Type: Full-Time
How would you like to join one of the most well established Medical Device Companies in the Greater Boston area? My client is seeking strong Staff Accountants to join their business in this newly created role. This is an excellent opportunity for any finance professional looking to expand their technical accounting skills. If you're interested, please read on and apply for immediate consideration.
My client is one of the most well established Manufacturers in the area. Located in Waltham, MA with a large international presence, our client specializes in the manufacturing of high tech medical device equipment. With a strong track record of promoting within and over 70 years of operations, our client continues to grow by hiring highly motivated individuals to join the team. If you are interested in this opportunity, please apply for immediate consideration.
The Staff Accountant will be responsible for general accounting functions including, but not limited to:
- Prepare and distribute the global financial statements, the global reporting packages and the US P&L analysis file.
- Review the quarterly reporting package for various non-US countries.
- Create ad-hoc consolidation reports as the management requests.
- Responsible for the global account change policy and reviewing the GL account change requests from the global entities.
- Monthly consolidation activities including; Global trial balance tie-out, consolidation data verification, reviewing exchange rates, preparing and booking consolidation and topside adjustments and communicating pushdown adjustments with the global entities
- Prepare certain journal entries and the account reconciliations and prepare global review of certain important accounts.
- Conduct quarter over quarter variance analyses of P&L and Balance Sheet activities.
- Work closely with local and regional controllers to ensure accurate US GAAP accounting.
- Assist with various global projects such as Chart of Accounts rationalization and standardization.
- Documentation and improvement of existing processes such as close entries and corporate submissions, enhancing detailed work instructions.
- Actively participate in efficiency improvement initiatives.
- Timely and accurate delivery of global audit requests including leading the quarterly US revenue testing and any consolidation related requests.
- Bachelor's Degree in Accounting or Finance required
- 1-3 years of corporate accounting experience
- SAP or similar ERP experience highly desired
The Staff Accountant - Medical Device will enjoy a competitive salary, along with Medical, Vision and Dental coverage, PTO, plus Holidays among other benefits. If you are interested, please apply or call me at (617) 824-2661.Job Requirements:
Loading some great jobs for you...