Senior Technical Analyst
Compensation: $68,180.00 - $115,480.00 /year *
Employment Type: Full-Time
Industry: Hospitality - Lodging/Resort/Travel
Loading some great jobs for you...
Are you ready to grow your dream career while making others' vacation dreams come true? Marriott Vacations Worldwide is a world premier organization for Vacation Ownership with resorts at destinations around the globe. Join our team and help deliver unforgettable experiences that make vacation dreams come true. CLS Band Generic Position Summary
As a member of the professional staff, contributes specialized knowledge and skill in a discipline (e.g. Accounting, Finance, Human Resources, Information Technology, Operations Planning & Support, Sales & Marketing) area to support team and/or department business objectives. Generally, works under limited supervision, but within established guidelines, producing and analyzing more complex business information to assist in the decision making process.
Specific Job Summary (describe the nature and purpose of the position)
Reporting to the Manager of Operations Central this position serves as one of eight (8) IT specialists providing Defect Management/Restoration of failed or damaged IT Infrastructure Service Components or IT Business Applications. The role will provide global support for all IT Infrastructure and Business Application Defect Management Support across the Enterprise. This is a critical support position for all Business Systems and Infrastructure Services and functions as the first line of support for restoring failed or damaged business systems back into operation in as timely a means as possible(minutes).CLS Generic Expected Contributions
- Performs more complex quantitative and qualitative analysis for business processes and/or projects. Often manages small projects, business processes or parts of larger ones.
- Responds to, solves and makes decisions on more complex/non-routine business requests with limited to moderate risk.
- Responsible for own work and contributing to team, department and/or business results. May direct work of non-management staff.
- Assists more senior associates in achieving business results by:
- identifying opportunities to enhance the effectiveness of business processes.
- providing training and technical guidance to less senior staff, where appropriate, and serving as point-of-contact for problem resolution.
- participating in setting department operating plans.
- recognizing and celebrating team successes.
- achieving results against budget within scope of responsibility.
- Demonstrates an awareness of personal strengths and areas for improvement and acts independently to improve and increase skills and knowledge.
- Performs other duties as appropriate.
Specific Expected Contributions (including duties and responsibilities)
- Global Support across all MVW/ILG/Vistana entities providing IT Tier s 0,1,2 Problem Management and Resolution.
- Restores failed IT components including Infrastructure, applications and security components back into an operational state which restores business operations.
- Supports both live Business Systems (revenue generation, sales, marketing, contracting, finance, accounting, etc.) and the 14 Development Environments which construct new revenue and business systems. (i.e. Yet to be implemented).
- Supports all Business Systems worldwide 24/7/365.
- Supports all Infrastructure systems worldwide on a 24/7/365 basis.
- Very Technically oriented, trained and skilled.
- Skill Discipline spans: Servers, Storage, Network, Operating Systems, Security, Applications, Internet, Intranet, DNS, DHCP.
- Support Duties spans: Servers, Storage, Network, Operating Systems, Security, Applications, Internet, Intranet, DNS, DHCP.
- Works directly with other IT Organizations, Resorts, Resort Operations, Vendors, and other Internal Business departments.
- Troubleshoots, investigates, analyzes, and correct the most difficult failures.
List high-level responsibilities
CLS Generic Candidate Profile
- Responsible for restoring failed IT Systems back into production use for all Business Systems and Supporting Infrastructures.
- Responsible for conducting ITIL based Problem Management processes on all system failures.
- Directly communicates with and coordinates the correction of failures with externally contracted vendors (i.e.: Timeshareware, Concur, HP, Cisco, Telecommunications carriers (AT&T, Verizon, Spectrum, etc.).
- Tackles the difficult challenges (Tier s 0,1,2 complexity).
- Identifies the source of a failed IT component.
- Determines the needed solution.
- Implements the Correction.
- Restores the systems into operational state in the quickest possible time.
- Makes additions, modifications, deletions to the Change Management Database (a critical IT technology component) based on detected failures, subsequent corrections, and solutions.
- Participates in all Infrastructure and security patching activities.
- Contribute and participate in maintaining Knowledge Base Articles and SOP s in IPSM Tool (Cherwell).
Successful candidates should possess knowledge and experience and demonstrate strong leadership and relationship skills as follows:
Generally a professional position with specific knowledge in a discipline (e.g., Accounting, Human Resources, Information Technology). College degree and/or relevant experience typically required.
Specific Candidate Profile (the education, experience, skills and attributes that are important for this position)
- College Degree in a technical discipline, Technical Trade School or equivalent work experience.
- 3-7+Years of IT experience.
- Strong experience performing highly technical problem resolution issues across numerous disciplines including: Server hardware, Operating Systems (Windows, Linux, Unix), Networks, Data Storage, Business Applications, Internet Technologies and Security technologies.
- Prior experience configuring and utilizing any major Job Scheduler.
- Previous working experience in all scope items listed above.
- ITIL experience (ITIL V3 Certified).
- IT Trouble ticketing experience.
- ITSM usage experience.
- Monitoring Systems usage experience.
- Prior Programming experience and any major Coding technologies, Data Base Administration, or Web Administration (a plus).
- Security Operations exposure a plus.
- Prior Data Center experience a plus.
- Prior Experience as a NOC level 2 or 3 administrator a plus.
- System Administrator, Network Administrator, Web Administrator a plus.
- Comfortable working in Tense and time limited situations.
- Ability to think creatively as a problem solver.
- Takes Risks.
Marriott Vacations Worldwide is an equal opportunity employer committed to hiring a diverse workforce and sustaining an inclusive culture.Job Requirements:
Associated topics: arts, branch, fall, leader, lifeguard, music, neighborhood, summer, unit, vacation
* The salary listed in the header is an estimate based on salary data for similar jobs in the same area. Salary or compensation data found in the job description is accurate.
Loading some great jobs for you...