Intact Family Caseworker
Compensation: $36,190.00 - $57,850.00 /year *
Employment Type: Full-Time
Industry: Social Services/Counseling
Lutheran Social Services of Illinois (LSSI), is a leading not-for-profit organization providing healing, justice and wholeness to people and communities. For over 150 years, LSSI has made a difference in the lives of children and families, and we're still a strong, viable presence in the State of Illinois, continuing that commitment to making a difference.
- L.S.S.I. is hiring a Child Welfare Specialist for the Intact Family program. The Illinois Department of Children and Family Services contracts with L.S.S.I. to provide in-home services to families who have been indicated for abuse or neglect.
- The goal is to maintain the family, whenever safely possible, as an intact entity.
- The position requires good clinical and assessment skills, and ability to engage and motivate clients to change, while monitoring ongoing safety of the children.
- Usual length of client service is 6 to 9 months.
- Visits take place in the home where the children reside; therefore, access to a car, a clean driving record and valid auto insurance is required.
- One must also pass DCFS background checks.
- The position requires a BSW with at least two years' experience in child welfare work, or an MSW.
- Related degrees in human services may be considered.
- State child welfare licensure is preferable but may be obtained upon hire.
- The salary range is competitive, and is based on experience.
We are an equal opportunity employer and all qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, color, religion, sex, national origin, disability status, sexual orientation, protected veteran status, pregnancy, any other characteristic protected by law.Job Requirements:* The salary listed in the header is an estimate based on salary data for similar jobs in the same area. Salary or compensation data found in the job description is accurate.
Key Words: Foster Care Caseworker, Foster Care, Social Services, Human Services, Child and Family Services, Child and Youth Services,Not for Profit, NonProfit, NFP.
Loading some great jobs for you...