Purpose of Role:
The primary purpose of this role is to serve as an accounting liaison for a variety of accounting functions including the preparation, processing, maintenance, verification, and reconciliation of payroll records and payment of funds for employees. This includes responsibility for coordinating and performing work processes that require a thorough, working knowledge of payroll and human resource information systems, accounting functions, payroll processes, and government regulations pertaining to payroll. In addition, this role sets up earnings codes and performs tests subsequently.
• Collects, analyzes, updates, and reconciles payroll data on a bi-weekly, monthly, quarterly, and annual basis.
• Assists in the performance of a variety of accounting duties in the preparation, processing, and maintenance of payroll and salary calculations so employees are paid accurately and on time.
Researches and analyzes discrepancies and processes appropriate corrections.
• Ensures the accuracy of payroll earnings codes and maintains PeopleSoft tables as needed to ensure alignment and accuracy with general ledger.
• Assists in the processing of payroll interfaces such as direct deposit, general ledger, and others requiring timely and accurate processing.
• Coordinates and monitors posting payroll transactions to the general ledger.
• Ensures accurate testing and set up of testing codes to report to the GL.
• Supports the Functional Payroll Consultant including research and processing of payroll adjustment entries, bi-weekly payroll processing, Sarbanes-Oxley quarterly testing, fiscal month-end and year-end close of payroll accounts, and the production and balancing of W-s.
• Bachelor’s Degree in Finance, Accounting, or Business-related field
• + years’ experience in HR and/or payroll processing with core payroll knowledge
• Expert knowledge of all PeopleSoft payroll processes i.e. maintenance of control tables and PeopleSoft reporting tools including PS Query
• Knowledge of Kronos and other software that interface with the payroll system
• Experience in high volume garnishment processing
• Knowledge of general ledger, journal entries, and payroll taxes
• Experience in HR/Payroll processing in a large volume, multi-state environment
• Function Payroll Certification or Certified Payroll Professional
• Proficient use of MS Access
Lowe’s Companies, Inc. (NYSE: LOW) is a FORTUNE® home improvement company serving approximately million customers a week in the United States and Canada. With fiscal year sales of $. billion, Lowe’s and its related businesses operate or service more than , home improvement and hardware stores and employ approximately , associates. Founded in and based in Mooresville, N.C., Lowe’s supports its hometown Charlotte region and all communities it serves through programs focused on creating safe, affordable housing and helping to develop the next generation of skilled trade experts. For more information, visit Lowes.com.
Launch your career - Create your profile now!Create your Profile
Loading some great jobs for you...