Employment Type: Full-Time
Req ID: 164502
BASIC PURPOSE: The primary purpose of the Vendor Rebate Accountant position is to provide complete accounting and collection services related to the creation, recording, payment processing, and collections of the various vendor rebates across the Love’s Family of Companies. Tasks include recording and reporting all appropriate journal entries and other duties at period close. The Vendor Rebate Accountant is also responsible for the completion and analysis of work papers and special projects as assigned.
- Ensure that all rebates invoices generated by the VendorLink system and other systems are uploaded and recorded in SAP in a timely and accurate manner, and that the appropriate accounts are credited.
- Ensure that all inbound vendor rebate payments are cleared against SAP A/R invoices and exported back to VendorLink in a timely and accurate manner.
- Promptly contact vendors to obtain remittance advice or other payment documents as needed to ensure that any unapplied cash is resolved immediately.
- Work with the Merchandising department and the vendors to create and maintain a listing of vendor contacts related tot the billing and payment of vendor rebates.
- Promptly contact vendors to resolve all short-paid invoices via collection or write-off in accordance with established policies.
- Work with Merchandising and others to ensure rebates are paid.
- Review the Rebate Receivables Account Aging on a daily basis, ensuring it is kept clean and current.
- Prepare monthly journal entries to distribute rebates back to stores’ P&Ls as payments are received.
- Develop and prepare rebate reports as assigned.
- Ensure all balance sheet accounts related to rebates are reconciled no later than the 25th of the following month. Ensure that reconciling items are cleared as appropriate.
- Work with IT to develop and maintain systems related to managing rebates.
- Other duties as assigned by management.
EDUCATION AND EXPERIENCE:
- Bachelor’s Degree in Accounting
- 1-2 years relevant work experience
SKILLS AND PHYSICAL DEMANDS:
- Knowledge of Microsoft Office with strong emphasis on Excel
- Ability to perform and make decisions under pressure and strict deadlines; excellent time management skills; detail oriented; ability to multitask and be a team player
- Excellent verbal and written communication skills are required.
- Experience with SAP or similar ERP required.
Typical Physical Demands:
- Requires prolonged sitting, some bending and stooping
- Occasional lifting up to 25 pounds
- Manual dexterity sufficient to operate a computer keyboard and calculator
- Requires normal range of hearing and vision.
Job Function(s): Accounting and Finance
Love’s Travel Stops & Country Stores is the industry-leading travel stop network in the United States. For more than 55 years, we’ve provided customers with highway hospitality and “Clean Places, Friendly Faces.” We’re passionate about serving drivers with clean, modern facilities stocked with fuel, food and supplies. We offer meals from popular restaurant chains, trucking supplies, showers and everything needed to get back on the road quickly. The Love’s Family of Companies includes:
- Gemini Motor Transport, one of the industry’s safest trucking fleets
- Speedco, the light mechanical and trucking service specialists
- Musket, a rapidly growing, Houston-based commodities supplier and trader
- Trillium, a Houston-based alternative fuels expert
Loading some great jobs for you...