Lorna Jane in Santa Monica, CA
- Industry: Accounting - Corporate Accounting - Senior
- Type: Full Time
- Compensation: $83,540.00 - 129,030.00 / Year*
Over the past 30 years Lorna Jane has grown from 1 retail store in Brisbane Australia, to a successful global leader and one of the most awarded & adored brands in activewear! We have more than 200 stores across 17 countries with future anticipated growth!
Lorna Jane is a brand where achievers, creative leaders and those with an entrepreneurial spirit come to thrive!
We are currently seeking a Staff Accountant based in our Santa Monica office, CA. The successful person will be responsible for preparing and lodging all required monthly returns for sales tax for various states, assisting with accounts payable tasks, responsible for leasing matters, and assisting with preparing month end reports and tasks. As a self-motivated individual, you will identify opportunities for process improvements and review internal controls. As part of a small, yet high performing team every member is hands on and is expected to provide accurate and reliable information for key decision making. The Staff Accountant will report to the Senior Finance Manager.
Responsibilities of the role
- Responsible for monthly sales/use tax preparation, lodgment and payment for 15+ states
- Responsible for monthly/annually sales reporting to landlords
- Responsible for monthly reconciliations of online sales vs payments received
- Assist with training and developing finance-related policies and procedures with other departments
- Assist with month end reports and tasks
- Other ad-hoc duties/projects as required
Our ideal candidate will thrive with the following experience
- 2-3 years of Finance or Accounting experience, retail environment preferred
- Bachelor s degree in Finance or Accounting required, CPA a plus
- Proven experience around statutory reporting especially on sales tax and management accounting
- Strong Microsoft Office skills with a strong emphasis in Excel
- Experience with an ERP software preferred
- Good analytical and information gathering skills; ability to evaluate and prioritize extensive detailed data
- Strong work ethic, excellent attention to detail and time management/organisational skills
- Works well under pressure, accepts responsibility for own actions and follows through on commitments
- Effective communication skills both written and verbal
- Ability to work both autonomously and as part of a team
About the Position:
This is a full-time position. The global company is positioned within the high end retail industry, designing a premium product to our customers with 30+ store locations all across the US.
We offer a casual work environment, on-job training, product discounts, paid time off, health care benefits, and potential career advancement opportunities.
Before you apply ask yourself
DO YOU HAVE THE DRIVE FOR OUR BIG 5 values?
- WE THINK CUSTOMER Our customers are at the heart of everything we do.
- WE CHALLENGE THE STATUS QUO Be a game changer, the world has enough followers.
- WE ARE HUNGRY FOR SUCCESS Drive, dedication and a never give up attitude = achieving our goals!
- WE ARE ACCOUNTABLE We take personal responsibility for our results and our growth and we think, act and make decisions with intention.
- WE BELIEVE IN EACH OTHER Stand proud and speak from the heart.
To apply please submit a cover letter and resume. NOTE: Only those applicants under consideration will be contacted. Please accept our utmost appreciation for your interest.
Lorna Jane is an Equal Opportunity Employer; Minorities/Women/Veterans/Disabled. Lorna Jane believes that diversity leads to strength.
* Estimated salary
More Jobs Hiring Near Me!