Accounting / Finance Manager
Lord Jones in Los Angeles, CA
- Industry: Accounting - Accounting Management
- Type: Full Time
- Compensation: $80,590.00 - 129,690.00 / Year*
LORD JONES manufactures and distributes the world s finest hemp derived CBD- infused products. Our company has been recognized as an industry leader by the New York Times, Vogue, Rolling Stone, Forbes, Fast Company and the New Yorker, among others. We make best-in-class products and are looking for ultra-talented employees to join us. Our Los Angeles based company is growing rapidly and we are looking for passionate and dedicated employees to join us on our mission to change the world.
We are seeking an experienced Accounting Manager who will work within the Finance department and report to the Controller. As the Accounting Manager, you will be primarily responsible for the timely closing of the books and records and results of Lord Jones including accounting for various balance sheet and P&L items. This role will also be responsible for assisting the CFO with Financial Planning & Analysis including budgeting, forecasting, and other financial planning activities. The ideal candidate must be highly motivated, energetic and able to work as part of a team at a fast pace.
This position is based out of Culver City, California.
- Lead components of the month- / quarter- / year-end close and consolidation process for Lord Jones.
- Ensure the integrity, timeliness, completeness and accuracy of internal and external reporting, with a priority on providing meaningful information that contributes to management decision making.
- Oversee and execute general accounting functions, including cash and bank reconciliations, prepaids, fixed and intangible assets, payroll and compensation accounting, income / commodity taxes and general ledger accounting.
- Assist with budgeting, forecasting and other financial planning activities as needed.
- Responsible for fixed asset accounting including maintaining a fixed asset register & running depreciation.
- Reconcile month-end balance sheet and journals including inventory.
- Book monthly accruals and collaborate with AP.
- Responsible for development, implementation and compliance with Company s accounting policies and procedures including internal controls over financial reporting.
- Keep abreast of financial and reporting requirements and their related impacts on Company s accounting policies.
- Assist with the audit process including preparation of evidence for internal and external auditors.
- Assess corporate accounting operations, make recommendations for improvement and implement new processes, accounting policies and controls to drive consistency and efficiency and promote best practices.
- Provide other ad hoc support and project leadership, as required.
- 4+ years of experience in public accounting or a combination of public accounting and industry experience.
- CPA designation required.
- Knowledge and experience in using Accounting systems software (SAP preferred).
- Strong supervisory and managerial skills, including ability to take charge, ensure accountability and provide team leadership and coaching.
- Strong analytical, problem solving and organizational skills.
- Ability to set and meet deadlines for multi-deliverables / ability to prioritize effectively.
- Strong communicator - verbal and written.
- Expert working knowledge of Excel
* Estimated salary
You may be interested in these similar jobs near Los Angeles, CA!