Sr. Accountant, Financial Reporting - Statutory (Durham)
Compensation: $79,433.33 - $181,590.00 /year *
Employment Type: Full-Time
Loading some great jobs for you...
Alternate Locations: Fort Wayne, IN (Indiana); Greensboro, NC (North Carolina); Radnor, PA (Pennsylvania)
Relocation assistance is not available for this opportunity.
Requisition #60557About the Company
Lincoln Financial Group, a Fortune 250 company with over 10,000 employees, provides advice and solutions that help empower Americans to take charge of their financial lives with confidence. Our core business areas Life Insurance, Annuities, Retirement Plan Services and Group Protection focus on supporting, preserving and enhancing over 17 million customer s lifestyles and retirement outcomes.
Headquartered in Radnor, Pennsylvania, Lincoln Financial Group is the marketing name for Lincoln National Corporation (NYSE: LNC) and its affiliates. The company had $238 billion in assets under management as of December 31, 2018.
Ranked one of the Best Large Employers in America by Forbes magazine, Lincoln Financial Group makes a serious investment in our employees futures through a broad range of wealth accumulation and protection plans, health and wellness programs, and career development resources designed to help each individual reach their personal and professional goals.
GENERAL PURPOSE OF JOB
This position will perform and deliver on routine assignments/projects while simultaneously leveraging and applying knowledge of his/her assigned area(s) of Statutory Financial Reporting responsibility. This position will be responsible for preparing, analyzing and reporting on activities associated with Statutory accounting principles and standards, and financial statements.
DUTIES AND RESPONSIBILITIES
- Prepares, analyzes and reports on financial statements and supporting schedules according to the accounting and reporting calendars.
- Conduct financial analysis on consolidated and business unit results, including providing ongoing support for the business unit teams and our various other partners as needed.
- Participates in accounting close including the preparation of journal entries and account reconciliations.
- Maintains knowledge on current and emerging developments/trends for assigned area(s) of responsibility, assesses the impact, and collaborates with management to incorporate new trends and developments in current and future solutions.
- Identify and research reporting issues arising from application of accounting principles and standards and rules and regulations of the NAIC and other regulators and assess their applicability.
- Preparation, review and filing of quarterly and annual NAIC and other regulatory filings.
- Promotes and enhances organizational initiatives by positively influencing and supporting change management and/or departmental/enterprise initiatives within assigned area(s) of responsibility.
- Identifies and communicates to management process improvements that reduce workloads or improve quality for his/her assigned area(s) of responsibility.
- Performs and delivers on routine assignments/projects while simultaneously leveraging and applying knowledge of his/her assigned area(s) of responsibility.
- Provides support with the coordination of SOX, MAR and regulatory testing to comply with key controls developed for the group.
- Preparation and/or review of internal management reporting.
EDUCATION AND EXPERIENCE
- 4 Year/Bachelor's degree, in a relevant field (Minimum Required)
- 1 - 3+ Years of experience in Financial Analysis that directly aligns with the specific responsibilities for this position (Required)
- CPA OR CPA Eligible
This position may be subject to Lincoln s Political Contribution Policy. An offer of employment may be contingent upon disclosing to Lincoln the details of certain political contributions. Lincoln may decline to extend an offer or terminate employment for this role if it determines political contributions made could have an adverse impact on Lincoln s current or future business interests, misrepresentations were made, or for failure to fully disclose applicable political contributions and or fundraising activities.
Any unsolicited resumes/candidate profiles submitted through our web site or to personal e-mail accounts of employees of Lincoln Financial Group are considered property of Lincoln Financial Group and are not subject to payment of agency fees.
Lincoln Financial Group ( LFG ) is an Equal Opportunity employer and, as such, is committed in policy and practice to recruit, hire, compensate, train and promote, in all job classifications, without regard to race, color, religion, sex (including pregnancy), age, national origin, disability, sexual orientation, gender identity and expression, veterans status, or genetic information. Applicants are evaluated on the basis of job qualifications. If you are a person with a disability that impedes your ability to express your interest for a position through our online application process, or require TTY/TDD assistance, contact us by calling 260-###-####.
* The salary listed in the header is an estimate based on salary data for similar jobs in the same area. Salary or compensation data found in the job description is accurate.
Loading some great jobs for you...