Employment Type: Full-Time
Our client is a Houston-based CPA firm which specializes in mid-sized growing companies, publicly traded companies, and individuals who enjoy the benefits of working with a client-centric firm offering a full-range of business consulting, technology, assurance, entrepreneurial advisory and tax solutions. They are in immediate need of an Audit Manager.
Duties & Responsibilities
- Reports directly to the Audit Senior Managers and Directors and works collaboratively with the members of the expanding audit team.
- Directs engagements and special assignments and has the enhanced capability of supervising a number of engagements simultaneously.
- Oversees the performance of client service and all related activity.
- Performs all tasks related to client service and sees that assignments are accomplished by the engagement team within the budgeted time.
- Responsible for the professional and technical development of the staff through on-the-job-interaction and leading in-house training.
- Develops a list of potential referral sources to bring new business to the firm and is involved in community activities for the purposes of business development and cross selling the firm’s services.
Qualifications & Requirements
- 5-10 years of audit experience. A combination of public accounting and industry experience preferred. SEC experience is a plus.
- Minimum Bachelor’s degree in Accounting. Advanced degree preferable.
- CPA certification required. Other professional certification relevant to specialized services areas a plus.
- Knowledge of generally accepted accounting principles (GAAP) and auditing standards. Familiarity with audit procedures and the ability to distinguish between material and immaterial items.
- Must maintain required CPE credits annually.
- Ability to effectively use Prosystem Fx Engagement and Microsoft Office software including Word, Excel, and PowerPoint. Ability to organize work and projects, prioritize and meet deadlines. Ability to complete work in an efficient and accurate manner. The volume of work during busy seasons is typically higher than at other times of the year.
- Ability to reason and effectively multi-task. Strong communication skills with the ability to apply understanding to carry out and to give instructions in written, oral, or diagram form.
- Demonstrated experience in building, interfacing and managing clientele base.
- Proven ability to work on multiple client engagements and adhere to deadlines.
- Excellent supervisory, organizational, problem solving, written and oral communication and interpersonal skills.
- Exceptional client service and communication skills.
- Excellent project management and presentation skills.
• Generous benefits including Health, Dental, and Vision
• 401(k) and discretionary profit sharing
• Free covered parking
• Free, onsite fitness center
• Very generous PTO/paid holidays
• Sustainable work-life balance and flexibility
• Dress for your day attire
• Anniversary cash program
• And much more!
Loading some great jobs for you...