Senior Financial Systems Specialist
Compensation: $73,746.67 - $170,870.00 /year *
Employment Type: Full-Time
Industry: Financial Services - Banking/Investment/Finance
Loading some great jobs for you...
Job Title: Senior Financial Systems SpecialistLocation: Jacksonville FLDuration: 6 MonthsJob Summary:Job Requirements:* The salary listed in the header is an estimate based on salary data for similar jobs in the same area. Salary or compensation data found in the job description is accurate.
The Senior Financial Systems Specialist is responsible for the maintenance, configuration and support of critical enterprise financial systems while ensuring adherence to generally accepted accounting principles, regulatory reporting requirements and internal controls. Incumbents apply specialized knowledge in accounting and systems to solve complex problems or implement new or modified business processes.Essential Functions:
Required Work Experience:
- Configures the PeopleSoft financial system to achieve desired business outcomes including complex accounting rules and/or chartfield maintenance
- Understands transaction level accounting flow and presents solutions to senior team members that lead to efficient accounting processes including associated financial system and process controls
- Participates on project teams as a SME within or external to Finance on one or more financial systems, including participation in business requirement gathering, creation and review and may participate in system requirement development
- Validates system-testing results prior to implementation of new or enhanced interfaces and provide support to impacted areas
- Provides support on financial applications for problem resolution, financial report writing and enhancements and monthly update processes
- May be the single point of contact for finance areas and IT to acquire and share information relative to new or existing financial system interfaces which includes maintenance and implementation of financial interfaces
- Collaborates with peers and different levels of management in Finance and IT to ensure priorities are clearly articulated. Responsible for escalating requests on behalf of business users.
- Resolves system and/or business process problems and issues and/or mitigate risks to systems and business process.
- Monitors interfaces between or within a financial system and resolves out of balance issues identified in reconciliation processes in collaboration with IT
- Provides support for management of a one or more financial system's new products, new reporting requirements, or improvements to current processes
- Assists in the development of business project plans and implementation plans to support major deliverables of applications
- Identifies and recommends improvements to financial systems to financial system team management
- Assists senior team members in the development of training materials and may conduct training sessions on new processes and modules
- May develop data structures to support financial process (e.g. such as data cube, data transformation, etc.)
- May mentor junior team members
5+ years related work experience in the maintenance, configuration and support of critical enterprise financial systemsRequired Education:
- Related Bachelor's degree or additional related equivalent work experience Accounting, Finance, Accounting Information Systems, Information Technology or related
- Additional Required Qualifications:
- Intermediate to proficient knowledge in accounting, auditing or business processes of the technology being supported.
- Working knowledge of and experience supporting ERP, or EPM, or related financial systems
- Experience with implementing automated solutions for financial processes
- Experience with PeopleSoft configuration
- Familiar with project management terminology.
Additional Preferred Qualifications:
- Bachelor's degree in Accounting
- Master's degree MBA, MACC, MSIT or related
- Knowledge and experience with PeopleSoft Custom Configuration processes strongly preferred
- Intermediate to advanced SQL knowledge or related query language
- Strong accounting or related auditing experience.
- Working knowledge of PeopleSoft Financials
- Ability to multi-task and handle several assignments concurrently while still meeting deadlines.
- Strong organizational and time management skills.
- Experience working in a large, complex corporate environment
- Excellent verbal and written communication skills.
- Proven ability to effectively collaborate within and across teams.
- May have a professional designation such as CPA, CISA, CITP, PMP, CPP
- Experience working for a public accounting firm.
- Working knowledge of project methodologies including Waterfall or Agile.
- Experience working in the health care industry
Must be able to travel (occasionally) to multiple locations for work (i.e. travel to attend meetings, events, conferences).
Loading some great jobs for you...