Supervisor, Tax Compliance
Employment Type: Full-Time
There’s a reason Insperity was ranked in the top 3% on WorkplaceDynamics’ National Top Workplaces list and named one of the top 100 companies to work for in the U.S.
Want to work for us and find out why?
As a trusted advisor to America’s best businesses for more than 34 years, Insperity provides an array of human resource and business solutions designed to help improve business performance. In addition, we provide the client company and their worksite employees with a wide array of value-added benefits and services.
Insperity offers a competitive compensation package and a world-class benefits package, including 19 days paid time off, 8 paid holidays, medical, dental and vision benefits, 401k and tuition reimbursement. At Insperity, we’re committed to providing a positive work environment, and to helping our employees succeed both personally and professionally.
Supervisor, Tax Compliance
Under limited supervision and much decision-making: Supervises the daily operations of the tax and banking group, including:
- Federal tax deposits and filings
- State income tax payments and filings
- Local income tax payments and filing
- State unemployment tax deposits and filings
- W-2 processing
- Tax notice resolution and amendment processes Designs and implements tax control calendars ensuring timely deposits and filings. Acts as subject matter expert for IT in the development of tax processes and controls. Supports process and audits efforts to ensure integrity and accountability for SOC-1. Interacts with various tax agencies in the resolution of customer tax matters. Designs and implements processes that are scalable to support rapid growth with high quality. Updates management timely on key statistics ensuring customer satisfaction and retention. Identifies and engages service solutions within and outside Payroll department. Monitors client transactions that exceed credit limit.
- ACH transaction review
Supervises others: Yes
EDUCATION / EXPERIENCE REQUIREMENTS High school diploma or equivalent is required. Five to seven years of experience in a high growth payroll operation leading the tax function and designing process and procedures . In-depth knowledge of federal and state tax filing requirements. Utilization of electronic tax filing solutions.
LICENSES / CERTIFICATIONS CPP certification is preferred.
KNOWLEDGE / SKILLS Ability to hire, train and manage teams. Customer service experience in a team environment. In depth knowledge of federal and state tax filing requirements. Effective written and verbal communication skills. Effective problem solving/decision making/conflict resolution skills. Possesses broad based exposure to various HR disciplines and understanding of their role and impact on business as it relates to payroll, benefits, taxation, accounting, employment documentation, and employment and general HR practices. Proficient in design and delivery of concise and clear presentations to a broad audience. Demonstrated ability in handling multiple projects; acts as core business unit expert for key company initiatives; facilitate and coordinate testing and information gathering sessions for valuable feedback; mentors and guides direct reports to participate as needed for professional development. Proficient use of Microsoft OfficeTM programs and demonstrated ability to learn other application programs as needed.
At Insperity, we celebrate the diversity of our employees and our leadership. Insperity is an equal opportunity employer, and all qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, color, religion, sex, national origin, disability status, protected veteran status or any other characteristic protected by law.
Loading some great jobs for you...