Director of Contracts
IDS International is seeking a detail-oriented Contracts Director to lead the Contracts team in maintaining compliance with the FAR, along with IDS International procedures and policies. This position will be located in Fayetteville, North Carolina.
This position has the overall responsibility for IDS contracts compliance and will include providing contract management support to IDS customers and senior executives. Participating in proposal preparation, negotiation, contract strategies, effective contract start up, compliance support, mitigating contractual risks, act as a liaison for all contractual matters, and oversee closure to all contractual issues.
Additionally, this individual will provide leadership, strategic planning, and organizational direction to the department. The successful candidate will encourage and preserve an environment that values customer service, financial and fiscal accountability, team work, collaboration, and transparency.
* Establishment of appropriate reporting and control procedures related to contract management, operating efficiently at lowest cost and staying within established budgets.
* Coordination and collaboration with program teams to execute contractual obligations.
* Effective in planning, organizing and efficiently handling contracting activities and elimination of unnecessary activities.
* Generate, negotiate, and manage all non-disclosure agreements (NDA), teaming agreements, subcontracting agreements, master award contracts, task orders, authorizations to proceed and memoranda of understanding (MOU), statements of work (SOW), and conflicts of interest reporting and tracking.
* Collaborate with the business development and proposal teams in support of requests for information (RFI), Sources Sought, requests for proposals (RFP), requests for quotes (RFQ), receipt of other official government requests for product information, and status of awarded contracts.
* Manage the preparation, transmission, and monitoring of correspondence relating to contractual obligations; assures maintenance of adequate files, which accurately reflect the status and history of contract performance.
* Familiarity with the laws and regulations applicable to government contracting, including without limitation the Federal Acquisition Regulation (FAR), ITAR, and Office of Federal Contract Compliance Programs (OFCCP).
* Comply with Federal, State and local laws and regulations associated with the procurement of services by various governmental entities.
* Establish and maintain contractual relationships.
* Recommend changes and contracts management strategies and operations, adapt to necessary changes from old methods, identify new methods and generate improvement in company performance.
* Maintain systems and processes to ensure strict contract compliance in a standard manner.
* Maintain knowledge of methods, techniques and skills required in contract-related functions, and remain current on new developments in the field.
* Interact closely and frequently with key internal departments to support and carry out assigned responsibilities.
* Responsiveness to internal and external customers with courtesy when dealing with staff and vendors.
* Bachelor's Degree in a business related field from an accredited college or university; Master's Degree is a plus.
* Minimum of ten (10) years applicable experience including budget formulation, budget execution, contract cycles, etc.
* Experience drafting and reviewing various contractual documents included in a contract package (Non-disclosure Agreements, Teaming Agreements, Statements of Work, Subcontracting Agreements, Request for Proposals, Requests for Information, Performance Work Statements, Independent Government Cost Estimates, Technical Evaluations, Task Orders, and Technical Evaluation Criteria).
* Experience reviewing or drafting a contract package for submission.
* A working knowledge and familiarity with related FAR.
* Strong verbal and written communication skills with the ability to articulate complex information to senior leaders and program managers.
* A strong work ethic, attention to detail and a compelling desire to succeed in a team environment.
* Ability to work within tight time constraints.
* Ability to conduct a compliance audit of the contract process.
* Familiarity with risk management principles as they relate to contracting and contract management.
* Ability to oversee compliance with service level agreements and contract close out, extension and renewal.
* Proficiency in Microsoft Office Suite.
Employee needs to be able to sit at a workstation for extended periods; use hand(s) to handle or feel objects, tools, or controls; reach with hands and arms; talk and hear. Most positions require ability to work on desktop or laptop computer for extended periods of time reading, reviewing/analyzing information, and providing recommendations, summaries and/or reports in written format. Must be able to effectively communicate with others verbally and in writing. Employee may be required to occasionally lift and/or move moderate amounts of weight, typically less than 20 pounds. Regular and predictable attendance is essential.
Qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, color, religion, sex, national origin, sexual orientation, gender identity, disability or protected veteran status, and any other characteristic protected by federal, state, and local law.
Associated topics: community, demand, festival, hospital, major gift, policies, presale, public, public relations, regulatory