Employment Type: Full-Time
Loading some great jobs for you...
HUGO BOSS is one of the leading premium fashion and lifestyle companies with around 14,700 employees worldwide. As diverse as we are at HUGO BOSS, we all share a common goal: to inspire people through our work. In this role, you will have the opportunity to be yourself and to contribute your ideas and your creativity - because, to create something extraordinary, we must explore new paths together. Join our team and discover how you can shape your own future at HUGO BOSS!
HUGO BOSS Fashions, Inc. - New York City - United States - Full-time
Support the HUGO BOSS subgroup in the US, as well as the entity in Canada, with the preparation of the day-to-day accounting activities. The Staff Accountant is responsible for overseeing the accuracy and integrity of all lease related accounting issues and assisting with retail related accounting issues. These responsibilities include ensuring the accuracy of the Company's lease liability, real estate tax, common area maintenance and percentage rent liabilities. Assists to ensure the compliance with accounting guidelines within the assigned tasks and act as a business partner to improve the quality of the financial close.
Additionally, assistance of financial audits (e.g. year-end audits) or landlord audits are part of the position. Staff Accountant will work closely with other Finance teams (Accounts Payable & Treasury, Credit and Tax department), Financial Analysis & Planning, Legal, Real Estate and Business departments. The position is based in New York City, New York.
What you can expect:
* Perform leasing and retail accounting and general ledger duties including reconciling assigned accounts on a monthly basis and creating journal entries to record, reclassify, or correct items.
* Work closely with Real Estate, Legal and HQ Real Estate departments to understand the financial terms of lease and storage agreements. Hereunder review of financial data points in Lease management system (Sequentra)
* As part of the month end close process, prepare journal entries relating to but not limited to store occupancy expense accounts, accrued percentage rent and analysis of IFRS 16 journal entries
* Balance credit card receivables and deposits as reported by store POS to settlement acknowledgment from partner. Follow up with stores, IT, and/or partner on any discrepancies
* Responsible for analyzing store occupancy expense accounts, including communication with Financial Planning & Analysis department to ensure that variances to budget are understood and explained
* Primary point of contact for landlords to resolve billing, reconciliations, coordination of audits and other lease related issues
* Responsible for with the annual budget and semi-annual forecast process for minimum rent, accrued percentage rent and store occupancy expense accounts
* Act as business partner and transfer accounting/reporting knowledge to other departments
* Contribute to ensure the timely and accurate monthly, quarterly and year-end close based on internal as well headquarter (HQ) deadlines
* Review if assigned accounting topics are in line with accounting guidelines based on HQ procedures and IFRS updates
* Support Finance related audits (e.g. annual year-end audit)
* Continued corporation with German HQ leasing team about IFRS 16
* Coordinate and track monthly fixed/variable rental payments with Accounts Payable team
* Assist Real Estate with update of financial data, including monthly payments
* Assist in the lease related data collection process for HQ sustainability reporting
* Identify opportunities to enhance existing processes or procedures to improve control, measurement, and/or productivity
* Performs other duties as required.
* BS/BA in Finance or Accounting
* Minimum 3+ years of professional accounting/finance experience required
* First experience within the knowledge of accounting principles, practices, standards, laws and regulations
* Knowledge of SAP (R/3) a plus
* Industry knowledge (Retail / WHS) is a plus
* Understanding of key lease provisions and ability to confidently read and interpret lease language
* Proficiency with Microsoft applications (particularly excel)
* Must be able to work independently and take initiative, hands-on mentality
* Detail oriented and enthusiastic
* Strong verbal and communication skills as well as project management skills
* Ability to multitask and work under deadlines
* 401(k) with company match
* Medical, Dental, Vision Benefits
* Voluntary benefits and critical Illness
* Company sponsored life and disability benefits
* Discounts for auto/home/pet insurance
* Commuter benefit program
* Employee Discount Program
* 21 paid days off (pro-rated based on first year of employment) plus your birthday off
* Flexible Fridays
Loading some great jobs for you...