Director of Financial Planning and Analysis
Compensation: $112,680.00 - $189,000.00 /year *
Employment Type: Full-Time
Industry: Executive Management
Loading some great jobs for you...
Director of FP&A will be responsible for all aspects of accounting and financial reporting. This role will also play a key role in an ERP system implementation. Further, the Director of FP&A engages in financial analysis in such areas as forecasting, budgeting, engaging in cost reduction analysis, and reviewing operational performance.
Reasonable accommodations may be made to enable individuals with disabilities to perform the essential functions.
- Strong analytical ability to drill down into the financial statements to examine monthly activity and the resulting effect each balance sheet and income statement account has on the business and its profitability, and make recommendations for improvement
- Perform ROI analysis
- Assist in developing business merger and acquisition model
- Help develop annual budget plans and strategy
- Create/prepare working capital reporting and cash flow reporting
- Develop 5 years business plan
- Identify and implement process improvement and automation
- Engage in ongoing cost reduction analyses in all areas of the company
- Identify, investigate, and analyze potential operational improvement. As appropriate, based on findings, make proposal for operational changes (policy, procedures, processes, etc.)
- Identifies and resolves problems and inconsistencies, determining appropriate corrective procedures
- Assume an active role in various special projects, including researching issues, coordinating and communicating with cross-functional teams, and presenting recommendations to management
- Assist management in the formulation of its overall strategic direction
- Works closely with the Corporate Controller and VP of Finance to direct organizations accounting
This position has supervisory responsibilities.
WORK ENVIRONMENT AND PHYSICAL DEMANDS
The physical demands described here are representative of those that must be met by an employee to successfully perform the essential functions of this job.
This job operates in a professional office environment. This role routinely uses standard office equipment such as computers, phones, photocopiers, filing cabinets and fax machines. This is largely a sedentary role; however, some filing is required. This would require the ability to lift files, open filing cabinets and bending or standing on a stool as necessary.
REQUIRED EDUCATION AND EXPERIENCE
- 6+ years of experience in a similar position; experience with operations preferred
- Bachelor's degree in accounting, finance or similar field of study
- Advanced Excel skills, ability to work with lookups and pivot tables
- Strong experience in income statement analysis
- Netsuite ERP and MAS500 knowledge a plus
- Proficiency in the Microsoft Office platform
- Customer Service/relationship management
- Written/verbal communication
Travel is primarily local during the business day, although some out-of-the-area and overnight travel may be expected. Minimal travel maybe required.
This job description is not designed to cover or contain a comprehensive listing of activities, duties or responsibilities that are required of the employee for this job. Duties, responsibilities and activities may change at any time with or without notice.
Associated topics: cfa, chief finance officer, fiscal, invest, investment banking, investor, kpmg, revenue, risk, treasure
* The salary listed in the header is an estimate based on salary data for similar jobs in the same area. Salary or compensation data found in the job description is accurate.
Loading some great jobs for you...