Sr. Director Finance (East Orange)
Compensation: $175,290.00 - $175,290.00 /year *
Employment Type: Full-Time
Industry: Financial Services - Banking/Investment/Finance
Loading some great jobs for you...
Together we can make a difference
At Getinge we are dedicated and passionate about helping our customers save lives and ensure excellent care. We provide innovations for operating rooms, intensive-care units, sterilization departments and for life science companies and institutions. Our portfolio combines well-known product brands such as Maquet, Pulsion, Atrium, Lancer and Datascope just to name a few.
A career at Getinge will provide career opportunities that both inspire and challenge. Here, you can make a difference every day.
Job Function Summary:
The Senior Director, Finance leads and manages the Surgical Workflows, Infection Control, Life Sciences and Service Finance team and maintains accountability for financial accounting, rolling forecast budgets and cost center management, reporting and financial analysis. The position identifies cost, revenue and profit opportunities through analysis of current activities and leading continuous improvement efforts to realize potential benefits to drive favorable business results. The Senior Director, Finance also operates as a business partner providing financial support and analytics to the President and CFO of North America and other senior management team members.
- Provide overall, proactive, financial guidance to the Surgical Workflows, Infection Control, Life Sciences and Service business areas. Manage all financial/operational accounting activities including monthly closings, accounts payable, accounts receivable, cash management, costing, budgeting/forecasting, expense reporting system, internal and external audits, etc.
- Assist with the overall achievement of North America financial targets by providing continuous financial and operational support via analyzing and interpreting financial data and transferring findings into meaningful and focused information to drive favorable performance results and plans of action.
- Develop, prepare, consolidate and standardize all monthly/quarterly/annual financial reporting and forecasting policies, aligned with business needs and present to the President and CFO of North America. Focus on improving availability and interpretation of financial and operational data, with a high emphasis on providing value-added recommendations and meaningful insight/root cause analysis to improve North America business performance.
- Assist with the development and preparation of informative methods of presenting relevant, North America data for the Board of Directors and Executive Leadership Team.
- Lead annual budget and quarterly and monthly forecasting processes, with a strong focus on improving forecasting predictability, accuracy and process improvement via insightful tracking mechanisms and reporting (e.g., calculating current and historical daily run rates, capital opportunities funnels etc.) Support the annual Strategic Planning process and with input and financial sensitivity models.
- Ensure effective detective controls, including monthly distribution of cost center spending vs. budget, are in place. Institute a no surprises culture and process orientation with a keen focus on compliance-related issues.
- Maintain required operating records and direct the preparation of financial analysis, financial statements and audits, as needed.
- Responsible for timely and accurate submittal of all financial statements and other reporting requirements, without fail.
- Develop and implement effective accounting systems, controls and procedures that accurately reflect operating costs, budgets and profit determining activities.
- Advise on the financial aspects of various plans or actions and use effective influencing skills to optimize the financial impact of these plans.
- Manage the overall development of the company's Strategic Plans and budgets and ensure deadlines are met, without exception. Develop the financial aspect of these plans analyzing price, volume and mix impact to overall revenue results - and ensure the overall plan is integrated amongst the various functions.
- Work with outside auditors to ensure all financial statements and activities are in accordance with Generally Accepted Accounting Principles (G.A.A.P.) and International Accounting Standards (IAS).
- Prepare necessary information for internal Compliance and external auditors.
- Interpret operating records as related to profitability and monitor effectiveness of a variety of cost reduction programs.
- Design, develop and update Finance and Accounting reports to provide meaningful financial information.
- Build strong reporting relationships with all functional leadership business partners at all North American locations to improve transparency, communication and understanding of the business and its inherent strategies. Provide frequent communication and feedback to team and partner with direct reports to ensure continuous professional development.
- Effectively liaise with business unit and financial shared services teams to ensure reporting and forecasting requirements are met or exceeded for all areas of the P&L, balance sheet, statistical and key programs.
- Partner with business partners and financial shared services team to ensure monthly accruals, including legal, marketing, Research and Development, etc. are appropriately forecasted and recorded.
- Prepare ad hoc analyses as needed.
- Manages a team of Financial Analysts and Manager/s.
Experience and Education Requirement:
- Bachelor's degree in Finance.
- Advanced Degree (CPA, MBA, or CMA) preferred.
- A minimum of 15 years of experience in a financial and/or accounting role or an equivalent combination of education and relevant work experience.
- A minimum of 10 years of management experience in the medical device industry and/or technology driven marketing and sales environment which includes 5 years of experience with leading a high-performing, results-oriented team of direct reports.
- Must have a valid passport for international travel.
Required Knowledge, Skills and Abilities:
- Controller level experience for a $250 million+ business unit within a multinational company.
- Ability to plan, set objectives, measure performance, provide direction and build a culture of employee engagement at all levels.
- Detail oriented with strong interpersonal communication and organization skills.
- Must have exemplary oral and written communication skills.
- Ability to prioritize tasks in a fast-paced environment.
- Excellent quantitative and analytical skills.
- Proven facility with financial modeling required
- Advanced skills in, Microsoft Excel, Outlook, Power Point and Word.
- Must have experience with BPC or similar multidimensional database.
- May work extended hours during peak business cycles.
- Travel requirement of approximately 10%, which may include international travel.
We look forward to receiving your application. If you share our passion and believe that saving lives is the greatest job in the world, then we look forward to receiving your application. We hope you will join us on our journey to become the world's most desired medtech company.
Getinge is an Equal Opportunity Employer. Getinge provides equal employment opportunities (EEO) to all employees and applicants for employment without regard to color, religion, sex (including pregnancy, gender identity, and sexual orientation), national origin, age, disability or genetic information. In addition to federal law requirements, Getinge complies with applicable state and local laws governing nondiscrimination in employment in every location in which the company has facilities. This policy applies to all terms and conditions of employment, including recruiting, hiring, placement, promotion, termination, layoff, recall, transfer, leaves of absence, compensation and training.
Associated topics: chief financial officer, chief investment officer, financial director, general manager, general operational manager, manage, operation, organizational culture, recruit, senior director
* The salary listed in the header is an estimate based on salary data for similar jobs in the same area. Salary or compensation data found in the job description is accurate.
Loading some great jobs for you...