Description As a member of the Operations Strategy & Transformation team, you will work collaboratively within integrated, cross-functional teams to provide a fresh prospective and deliver business, digital and analytics transformation. You will be tasked with leading multiple investment operations projects to streamline and modernize specific functions and improve vendor processes, which will require a strategic thinker with a passion for asset management. Additionally, you will lead initiatives to strengthen middle and back-office oversight processes over Private Equity and Real Estate investments. This position will have direct access to Operations leadership and partner with controllers, investment services, enterprise risk management, legal, compliance and investment teams, as well as external investment managers, trustees, custodians and administrators.
Key Responsibilities: - Collaborate on all aspects of external investment manager oversight process - Assist with reports/presentations to GMAM leadership on a range of topics, including preparation of semi-annual Investment Management Committee reports - Process investment activity including account maintenance, cash/asset transfers and instructions to custodian bank/administrator - Recommend and lead process improvement projects and identify industry best practices - Address ad-hoc requests related to external manager portfolios - Support and maintain internal/external metrics to help monitor operational activities - Guide teams to identify, understand, and implement automation and pension management best practices with a strong focus on controls - Become a change catalyst with responsibility for amplifying Operations strategy - Assist in the vendor management of external service providers Qualifications:
- Minimum two (2) years of experience in investment operations, corporate role delivering operations strategy and transformation projects, or with a top-tier management consulting firm
- Bachelor's degree in quantitative discipline; Finance, Accounting, Economics, Engineering, etc.
- Entrepreneurial mindset and a keen interest in asset management
- Strong understanding of alternative asset class fundamentals including asset valuation, performance methodologies and portfolio construction basics
- Exceptional Excel skills (strong data analysis and VBA a plus) with strong attention to detail
- Demonstrate ability to identify/implement efficiency and process improvements
- Experience in business intelligence and analytics, data visualization, and/or process optimization
- Exceptional written and verbal communication skills, including ability to succinctly synthesize data, develop recommendations, and create and present materials
- Strong problem solving and troubleshooting skills with the ability to exercise mature judgment - ability to apply structured thinking
- Strong organizational and project management skills & ability to meet changing priorities and deadlines
- Ability to drive work independently and manage multiple projects that vary in scope and complexity simultaneously; comfort in dealing with ambiguity