DSO Business Risk & Quality Examiner (Jacksonville, FL)
Employment Type: Full-Time
The DSO Business Risk & Quality Examiner conducts reviews of, the default servicing process with a heavy focus on compliance, Federal/State regulations, investor and bank policies and procedures. The audits include, servicing processes (including borrower facing correspondence), credit and income documentation, foreclosure, loss mitigation, bankruptcy management and credit reporting. The review will determine compliance with servicing and regulatory guides in addition to identifying red flags and/or other discrepancies. Performance in this position is crucial to mitigate and identify root cause in defects default servicing.
- Conducting default mortgage servicing reviews, using a standardized, consistent and objective format, to include researching investor guidelines and mortgage servicing policies; reviewing, analyzing, and interpreting HUD, FNMA, FHLMC, VA, USDA, and other investor servicing guidelines, as well as various servicing related regulations. Servicing coverage includes, but is not limited to, loss mitigation, collections, foreclosure, bankruptcy, property preservation, and borrower facing communications.
- Identify and document deficiencies, errors, omissions in default servicing vendors processes, and recommend a course of corrective action in partnership with the DSO Operations leaders. Act as an active contributor (SME) during implementation of corrective action and/or training, whichever may apply.
- Attend regular meetings with peers and managers to review findings, discuss and agree on procedures, and arrive at mutually agreed upon recommendations that will result in best practices within the default servicing oversight team.
- Staying up to date on latest servicing guidelines and regulatory guidelines. Seek out and complete online or offsite investor training as it relates to the job function.
- Completing special projects as designated by management.
- Collaborating with other default servicing teams, and other internal teams, to assist in the continued development of a best in class default servicing oversight operation.
- Ensures compliance with applicable federal, state and local laws and regulations. Completes all required compliance training. Maintains knowledge of and adheres to Flagstar’s internal compliance policies and procedures. Takes responsibility to keep up to date with changing regulations and policies.
- HS Diploma, GED or Foreign Equivalent required
- 3 – 5 years of Servicing (performing and default) experience required
- Exceptionally strong analytical, organizational, and research skills.
- Excellent verbal and written communication skills.
- Demonstrates a high level of creativity and critical thinking to address problems decisively and develop effective solutions.
- Ability to reinforce culture of shared ownership and accountability for results.
- Ability to establish credibility and strong partnerships with management and peers.
- Ability to work under tight deadlines and successfully manage multiple tasks at one time.
- Ability to work autonomously and initiate and prioritize own work.
- Strong MS Excel knowledge
- Systems knowledge of MSP (Black Knight) & LoanSphere
- 5-10% Travel
Internal Use Only: Job Band HJob Requirements:
Loading some great jobs for you...