IT Auditor Analyst - Audit Group
Employment Type: Full-Time
At the Federal Reserve Bank of New York, the work we do is consequential and challenging. Our environment encourages growth and diversity. Our employees flourish in a team-oriented atmosphere and are dedicated to the important mission of the New York Fed.
What we do:
The Internal Audit Function assists the Federal Reserve Bank of New York's Board of Directors and senior management in the effective discharge of their fiduciary responsibilities by independently assessing the adequacy and effectiveness of the controls within Bank business areas over (1) financial reporting, (2) effectiveness and efficiency of operations, and (3) compliance with laws and regulations, as well as the adequacy of the Bank's risk management and governance processes. Audit also reviews significant Bank projects and initiatives and performs consulting services within the guidance of the Internal Audit profession. It adds value by providing objective, timely and relevant analyses, comments and recommendations through an integrated and risk-based auditing approach.
The Audit Function currently has an opening for an IT auditor. The ideal candidate will have an understanding of technology auditing concepts with experience in audits of IT processes (such as information security, application development, IT governance) and IT infrastructure (databases, networks, and operating systems). Additionally, experience in auditing complex technology projects is desirable. The individual in this role will primarily function as a staff auditor in audit teams led by other auditors.
Your role as an IT Auditor Analyst:
* Participate in technology audits, technology project reviews, and technology audit work in audits of business processes (integrated audits), to identify and evaluate key operational risks and related controls.
* Engage with the Bank's stakeholders to stay informed of changes and new initiatives within the business and technology areas and sharing audit perspectives relating to risk identification and mitigation
* Develop new audit techniques, revise existing procedures and perform risk analyses of areas in order to determine the frequency of audits.
* Identify and analyze complex issues, problems and improvement opportunities and develop conclusions and recommendations.
* Verify or review audit evidence, prepare audit plans, workpapers, findings, status reports and audit report.
* Communicate audit results to Audit supervision and senior management and client area management.
* Perform or lead follow-up reviews to ensure that appropriate corrective actions have been implemented by client management.
* Perform related duties as required.
* Maintain effective working relationships with assigned business area(s)
What we are looking for:
* Bachelor's degree or equivalent.
* 1-3 years of risk-focused internal audit or related experience, with the ability to understand and review both financial and automated risks and controls within business processes in an integrated fashion.
* Professional designation in, or ability to begin or complete a program to achieve, one or more of the following certifications within 180 days:
* Certified Internal Auditor (CIA)
* Certified Information Systems Auditor (CISA)
* Certified Public Accountant (CPA)
* Certified Information Systems Security Professional (CISSP)
* Project Management Professional (PMP)
* Experience in technology auditing to include applications development, technology infrastructure (such as databases, operating systems, networks), information security, change management and business continuity planning & disaster recovery
* Knowledge and experience in performing audits of technology projects and programs (SDLC reviews)
* Understanding of technology risk management principles and relevant standards like COBIT, ITIL, ISO 27001 and NIST Cybersecurity Framework.
* Experience with IT concepts, business applications and related controls.
* Ability to execute audit plans, procedures and testing for control compliance and core operational / financial audits.
* Ability to assess the adequacy of the internal control environments through the identification of inherent risks in the business and key controls designed to mitigate those risks
* Willingness to work cooperatively in a team environment with the ability to build collaborative relationships.
* Good written and verbal communication skills.
* Good presentation, facilitation and project management skills, including the ability to support audit team meetings with senior management.
* Good critical thinking skills, including the ability to assimilate new information, make sound decisions and manage multiple tasks.
* Good analytical skills, including ability to analyze business and financial activities, understand and describe process flows, strengths and weaknesses, and develop creative solutions to improve efficiency and effectiveness.
* Proficiency in PC applications, with demonstrated ability to develop and apply spreadsheets, database and research tools and graphic presentations.
* Flexibility to adapt to new situations, including ability to travel throughout the Second Federal Reserve District and to other Federal Reserve Banks as needed and to represent the Department and Bank on various
* Federal Reserve System committees
This position requires access to FOMC information, which is limited to "Protected Individuals" as defined in the U.S. federal immigration law. Protected Individuals include, but are not limited to, U.S. citizens, U.S. nationals, U.S. permanent residents who are not yet eligible to apply for naturalization and U.S. permanent residents who have applied for naturalization within six months of being eligible to do so.
Screening Requirement: This position has additional screening requirements due to the information accessed while performing the job. These additional screenings would be initiated at the time of offer acceptance and can take a couple of months to be completed. You can begin work before the screening is completed; however, continued employment is contingent on acceptable screening results. The screening areas such as education/employment verification, criminal history, credit history, and reaches out to your references and people that know you well
The Federal Reserve Bank of New York is committed to a diverse workforce and to providing equal employment opportunity to all persons without regard to race, color, religion, national origin, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity, age, genetic information, disability, or military service.
Why the Fed:
Working at the Federal Reserve Bank of New York positions you at the center of the financial world with a unique perspective on national and international markets and economies. You'll work in an environment with a diverse group of talented professionals to foster and support the safety, soundness, and vitality of our economic and financial systems. It's a challenge that demands the skills of a financial services professional and the intellectual curiosity of an academic-all combined with a passion for public service.
The Federal Reserve Bank of New York is committed to a work environment that respects and fully values the strengths and differences of its people. Working at the New York Fed provides talented professionals the chance to grow their skills at an institution that has served a critical role in the financial system of the United States and the world for over a century. An important component of the Bank's diversity effort is our partnership with several professional non-profit organizations, including INROADS, JumpStart Advisory Group, NBDC Emerging Leaders, Seizing Every Opportunity, National Black MBA, Out for Undergrad, Prospanica and Reaching Out MBA.
Loading some great jobs for you...