VP Deposits Portfolio Management & Pricing
ExecuNet in Pasadena, CA
- Industry: Financial Services - Banking/Investment/Finance - General Operational Manager
- Type: Full Time
- Compensation: $154,310.00 - 154,310.00 / Year*
The VP, Deposits Portfolio Management and Pricing is responsible for day to day and longer term deposits portfolio management and pricing for OneWest Bank and COMPANY Direct Bank businesses at COMPANY.
- Be responsible for tracking the competitive deposits pricing and promotions landscape and manage actions related to deposits pricing including execution, exception pricing management, reporting and analysis
- Recommend and present rate change proposals and analysis at weekly deposit working group and deposit pricing committee meetings, build and maintain models and databases to evaluate the impact of deposit rate changes on net interest income
- Have expertise on current interest rate environment and competitive landscape
- Identify business challenges and opportunities for improvement and solve for them using analysis to make strategic or tactical recommendations
- Jointly responsible for direct-to-consumer acquisition efforts for deposit products, and strategic intent for products distributed through the retail channel.
- Development of analysis and reporting that drive foundational portfolio and pricing strategies, including: internal balance/rate/fee trending, pricing sensitivity, customer scores, deposit treatments and what-if scenarios, customer behavioral trending, and competitive rate analysis and trending
- Collaborating with Corporate Treasury and business line finance partners to ensure target rate, balance mix, and revenue/margin expenses are in line with bank forecasts
- Involve problem frame-works, develop hypotheses, test and analysis, solution development, scope operational feasibility, lead implementation efforts and develop a monitoring plan
- Strategic & analytic orientation: A proven track record of decision making and problem solving based on analytics. Conceptual thinking skills must be complemented by a strong quantitative orientation, given that a large part of the business is based on rigorous analytic marketing & insights
- Strong business judgment, leadership and integrity: He/she should be a tenacious decision maker, able to bring a healthy, aggressive, yet responsible approach to business
- Strong communication skills: Impeccable written and oral communication credentials, coupled with strategic influencing skills and the ability to drive agreement through intellect, interpersonal and negotiation skills
- Clear results orientation: display an intense focus on achieving both short and long term goals. He/she should be able to drive and execute an agenda in an uncertain and fluid environment
- Successful track record of thriving in a fast paced, entrepreneurial and dynamic environment. Previous consulting experience is a plus
- Collaborate with deposits product manager(s), analytics, insights, segmentation teams and other stakeholders to execute actions related to deposits strategy, pricing and portfolio management
- Assist with other Deposits portfolio and Pricing Management initiatives as required across COMPANY
- 5 to 10 years of banking pricing or product management experience
- Bachelor's degree in finance, accounting, or business or the equivalent combination of education and experience. MBA preferred.
- Industry specific experience required to include in depth understanding of the P&L and drivers of consumer lending and deposits products.
Associated topics: analyst, bank, budget, corporate banking, cpa, director finance, equity trading, investment banking, pay, risk
* Estimated salary
More Jobs Hiring Near Me!