SVP Global Commercial Director
Employment Type: Full-Time
The Commercial Director will be the commercial finance lead for Company and support the Company global CEO, CFO and market leaders in executing against a commercial strategy to grow revenue and profitability. This includes managing the implementation, adaptation and ongoing development of pricing and service models globally. This role is responsible for managing external and internal financial operational to lead Company go-to-market approach with meeting client needs and challenges, bringing forth solutions to meet those needs and support growing Company's client relationships in both revenue and profitability. This role will require a high level of curiosity, flexibility and ability to thrive areas of ambiguity.
The Commercial Director will be responsible for supporting and in select cases leading negotiations in partnership with business leaders regarding, price, business terms, scope of services and business model. The geographic focus Commercial Director will global plus US market in nature.
Company has a strong culture of Creativity, Accountability, Respect and Excellence that the Commercial Director must embody to be successful in partnering with stakeholder across the Company organization and with related business units within Company's parent company, IPG.
- Lead the development and implementation of commercial best practices across US and Global client base.Partner with Global CFO and business leads to build go-to-market approach in new opportunities/offerings/agencies/agency partners.
- Apply competitive commercial models to create service and technology pricing and lead the overall commercial proposal building to clients and potential clients.
- Lead in partnership with business leads or support, where appropriate, all commercial aspects of client relationships, both for new and existing clients:
- Set negotiation strategy, parameters, timeframes and expectations
- Co-lead scope of work development process to ensure these are completed on time and in an organized fashion
- Advising on viability of commitments, where applicable
- Partner with new business, activation, data and technology teams to respond to client RFPs.
- Partner with legal to complete client contract requirements
- Create operational excellence and outstanding client service in all commercial areas:Develop and lead training on commercial models for business leaders across the organization
- Develop process to track and review actual service delivery vs agreed scope of work and overall client contract requirement
- Manage global deal desk operations to ensure new deals adhere to Company commercial principles and consult with markets on application of standard commercial models to new client opportunities
- Partner with Finance Operation Lead and regional/market finance teams to set financial reporting and operational partnerships with partner agencies and key clients; ensure all client reporting, budget management, authorization and billing needs are met in a timely an accurate fashion
- Create annual plan and actions to attain key client financial targets and consistently manage throughout the year. Develop and review client financial reporting regularly with client account leads. Address/resolve specific market issues to attain target.
- Drive expansion of Company partner agencies revenue across clients (e.g. Mediabrands, Kinesso, Acxiom and other IPG agencies)
- 10 years experience in financial and commercial roles
- Experience leading commercial negotiations
- Deep understanding of agency commercial and financial operations
- Demonstrated experience in developing AND executing successful commercialization strategies
- Experience in growing, managing and inspiring internal teams; strong leadership and organizational skills must be complemented by relationship building management style
- Excellent quantitative skills, ability to quickly interpret, analyze data to inform go-to-market approach for new offerings, agencies or clients
- High level of comfort presenting to senior leadership and clients and internal team members
- Ability to think creatively and develop non-traditional solutions to complex business challenges
- Ability to be hands-on as well strategic
CRITICAL PERFORMANCE INDICATORS
- Leaders and peers can count on this role for action and results
- All new client transitions conducted to satisfaction of clients
- New business wins and existing client renewals with profitable commercial terms agreed
Loading some great jobs for you...