Employment Type: Full-Time
Loading some great jobs for you...
The Controller should have strong financial management skills and the ability to react quickly to changing circumstances and ensure that business is delivers it financial targets. The Controller will be responsible for managing the oversight of day-to-day accounting operations and the financial reporting as well as collaborate with senior management on all aspects of the business including corporate operations. The candidate will also oversee fiscal year-end close, reporting, audit, and other financial matters as needed. The Controller will report directly to the CEO and as such assist the CEO with both lower level accounting work and strategic modeling and execution. This is a hands on position requiring great accounting and business skills with the ability to elevate oneself to a CFO quickly.
Finance and Accounting Leadership
The Controller will be responsible for managing all hands-on financial and operational aspects of the company and assist the management team in the aggressive and successful growth of the company.
- Oversee all accounts, ledgers, and reporting systems ensuring compliance with appropriate GAAP standards and regulatory requirements. Our day to day accounting is outsourced, therefore the management of our accounting firm is a critical requirement.
- Convert cash basis financial reports to a GAAP reporting package for senior and junior lenders. This requires the candidate to have the GAAP understanding to convert financials out of QuickBooks that are maintained in cash basis to a fully deliverable GAAP financial reporting package.
- In concert with the CEO and other members, directly oversee the development of annual business plans, and determine annual financial objectives with regard to revenues, cash flow, and return on investment measures.
- Provide financial and operational leadership to the organization that embraces change and supports growth and productivity to consistently deliver stretch results while readily adapting to a dynamic and changing business environment.
- Lead a financial organization that influences the financial and business decisions to achieve optimal financial performance.
- Emphasize capital investment analysis and financial returns in decision-making.
- Develop a competitive advantage through superior decision-making supported by rigorous analytical processes and comprehensive metrics.
- Support in engaging the management around issues and trends in financial operating models and delivery.
- Manage organizational cash flow forecasting by working in partnership with the senior management team; continuously collaborate with the management team to assess the financial efficacy of program operations and establish finance and administrative systems to support program operations.
- Manage and track the performance of invested assets in keeping with policies and investment guidelines.
- Work effectively with management team through developing and streamlining processes and efficiencies, directly impacting the business.
- Identify root cause issues with the data in the source systems, initiate projects to remediate once and at the source.
- Create monthly finance receivable dashboards for the CEO identifying issues and trends.
- Review, investigate, and correct errors and inconsistencies in financial entries, documents, and reports.
- Ensures internal controls are appropriate to safeguard the company’s assets and maintain financial integrity.
- Develops and executes internal audit functions to facilitate compliance monitoring and risk management.
- Developing tools and systems to provide critical financial and operational information to the management team and make actionable recommendations on both strategy and operations.
- Coordinate all audit activity.
- Oversee tax and treasury, as required.
- Maintain internal control and safeguards for receipt of revenue, costs, and program budgets and actual expenditures.
- Consistently analyze financial and operational data and present financial reports in an accurate and timely manner; clearly communicate monthly, quarterly, and annual financial statements; monitor progress and changes and keep senior leadership abreast of the company’s financial status;
- Assist leadership in the annual budgeting and planning process; administer and review all financial plans and compare to actual results with a view to identify, explain, and correct variances as appropriate.
- Foster a success-oriented, accountable environment within the company.
- Bachelor’s Degree in Accounting/Finance from accredited college/university required.
- CPA or previous Controller experience, a plus
- 8-10 years of finance and accounting experience. Health club industry experience is a plus.
- Strong understanding of GAAP.
- Experience in a senior financial and/or operational-management role, partnering with executive staff, resulting in the development and implementation of creative financial and/or operational management strategies.
- Excellent written and oral communication skills.
- Demonstrated leadership ability, team management, and interpersonal skills.
- Excellent analytical & conceptual abilities, a strategic thinker, strong financial acumen & an understanding of key financial indicators, performance metrics & business analysis techniques
- Prior history of successful process & procedure improvements.
- Experience leading a finance team of at least 6 people within a $100M revenue company
- Proven operational responsibility and success implementing cost-savings to improve margins
- Outgoing, energetic, positive personality with the ability to roll up their sleeves and get it done.
Loading some great jobs for you...