The Controller is principally responsible for leading and directing the business' general accounting activities (including general ledger, fixed asset, and cost accounting), transactional accounting (A/R Cash Application, A/P, and Invoicing), payroll and GAAP and IFRS financial reporting.
The Controller will have extensive interactions with the business' broader financial community including finance/business analysis managers, finance/accounting persons at multiple locations, tax, and internal and external auditors as well as other functions and plants.
1. Manage the overall general accounting activities to ensure an efficient, effective, reliable and timely performance of these activities in accordance with defined business processes and US GAAP and J-Sox (Japanese Sox) control requirements; Enhance the efficiency and integrity of overall accounting activities; Serve as US GAAP expert within the group to ensure (and modify as necessary) accounting and reporting activities to rigorously adhere to new and evolving US GAAP requirements; Oversee the efforts to maintain J-Sox compliance to support the reporting of Japanese parent company. Ensure that accounting activities are conducted according to defined business processes which are compliant with J-Sox requirements and remediate any shortcomings or concerns raised by internal audit activity; Support the development and review of audited financial statements for the business.
2. Actively supervise financial reporting activities; define efficient and well documented standard processes to provide financial reporting on a timely and reliable basis.
3. Manage and direct the Cash Operations Manager to ensure timely, accurate and reliable performance of A/R, A/P and invoicing activities; transactional accounting activities with integration and centralization, to improve practices and also manage utilization of GL systems;
4. Manage and direct Payroll team, including outsourcing process 5. Participate in and fully support the planning and budgeting activities led by the Financial Planning & Analysis group
* A bachelor's degree in accounting and/or finance is required. CPA required. An MBA is desirable. * 10+ years of relevant general accounting experience with a minimum of five (5) years in a supervisory role. * A blend of public accounting and industry experience with a public company and is a technical expert in GAAP. * Experience in accounting for International operations and SOX compliance expertise. * Strong process management and analytical skills. * Experience working with the accounting for a manufacturing/pharmaceutical company. * IFRS experience/exposure. * Decisive and experienced leader with strong interpersonal skills and a proven ability to develop and communicate a vision, lead change and motivate associates to realize both their own and their team's full potential while achieving the company's overall objectives. * \"Whatever it takes to get the job done\" attitude; goal and deadline oriented. * Confident, engaging team player with strong interpersonal skills who can work across multiple functions to achieve goals. * Active communicator in hearing the needs of internal and external customers and responsive in satisfying those needs with solutions. Maintains open mind and open ears and has ability to communicate well with individuals at all organizational levels. * Collaborative consensus builder who works well with others. * Self-motivated and goal-oriented person with a drive to succeed and accomplish the mission. Holds themselves and other accountable for results. * Can troubleshoot with an eye toward anticipating, identifying and forming solutions to problems. * Analytical, detail oriented, highly organized and self-motivated. * Take ownership and independently handle such responsibilities in a reliable, timely and efficient manner. * Strong supervisory skills including the ability to delegate, and guide/coach as needed. * Well organized and highly process oriented. * ASC 606 new Revenue Recognition interpretation & implementation experience * ASC 842 new Lease Accounting interpretation & implementation experience
* The salary listed in the header is an estimate based on salary data for similar jobs in the same area. Salary or compensation data found in the job description is accurate.