Director, Pricing Strategy
Compensation: $165,780.00 - $165,780.00 /year *
Employment Type: Full-Time
Industry: Executive Management
The Director, Pricing Strategy is responsible for leading strategic planning for pricing programs in support of assigned in-line brands and / or pipeline products. The position leads the presentation of business recommendations for assigned brands at Eisai Pricing Committee meetings.
For in-line products, the position analyzes product markets to make formal price change recommendations to the Eisai Pricing Committee. Additionally, the position oversees and conducts analysis in support of contracting programs for all therapeutic areas, payer segments, and customer channels.
For new products, the position evaluates the associated therapeutic areas to project market and product value, and develops pricing analyses resulting in formal pricing recommendations to the Eisai Pricing Committee (EPC).
In the current political climate with evolving state and federal state price transparency laws, the Director of Pricing will lead all analysis regarding implication to Eisai's in-line and pipeline brands and pricing strategy, as well as work collaboratively with Legal and compliance to ensure timely and compliant submission of price reporting requirements.
At Eisai, we are guided by our corporate philosophy of human health care (hhc). We place patients at the center of all that we do. Additionally, we continue to break through with new innovations, new approaches, and new ways to deliver our medicines to those in need.
The Director, Pricing Strategy collaborates with HEOR to help translate price into value as well as across the whole organization such as Contracting, Finance, Brand Teams, Reimbursement, Trade, Market Research, Legal, Government Affairs, Corporate Advocacy and other functional teams, to develop and implement pricing solutions that compliantly meet Brand and Portfolio business objectives. Last, the Director of Pricing will engage with external stakeholders with various projects.
* 10+ years of relevant experience in pricing and/or pharmaceutical contracting (Experience may come from several areas, including but not limited to: pharmaceutical manufacturers, consulting, business development, PBMs, Managed Care, Trade Customers, Suppliers, etc.)
* Bachelors degree is required, advanced degree preferred
* Strong analytical skills related to pharma product price, discount, and rebate analysis, as well as data analytics to drive business insights
* Strong knowledge of Best Price, AMP, ASP, WAC
* Strong understanding of key payer/customer segments relevant to the Eisai portfolio
* Baseline understanding of the US Reimbursement System across major payer segments (Commercial, Medicare, Medicaid, and Federal)
* Understanding of Health Care Reform and long-term implications on pricing strategy
* Understanding of key compliance areas related to contracting programs
* Excellent presentation skills
* Excellent interpersonal as well as oral and written communication skills
* Strong compliance mindset
* Strong customer orientation
Associated topics: business, business growth, business intelligence, channel partner, customer, franchise owner, mba, regional sales, retail, territory sales
* The salary listed in the header is an estimate based on salary data for similar jobs in the same area. Salary or compensation data found in the job description is accurate.
Loading some great jobs for you...