Purchasing Contract Supervisor
East Bay Municipal Utility District in Oakland, CA
- Industry: Government - Accounting/Finance
- Type: Full Time
- Compensation: $117,252.00 - 135,744.00 / Year
Reporting to the Manager of Purchasing, the Purchasing Contract Supervisor plans, schedules, directs, coordinates and reviews the production of specifications for the purchase, rental or lease of materials, supplies, equipment and services. Duties include:
• Monitoring and evaluating procedures and staff performance; recommending and initiating changes to ensure timely and effective response.
• Coordinating and monitoring the formal bidding processes to ensure that required processes are followed and deadlines met.
• Supervising buyer activities including reviewing and evaluating the work of assigned staff.
• Working with end users to prepare new or revise existing specifications to meet operating department’s needs.
• Meeting with East Bay Municipal Utility District’s (EBMUD’s) legal and other staff regarding needs and requirements as well as the language and interpretation of specification and bid documents.
• Preparing a variety of written materials such as correspondence, specifications, bid documents, reports and advertisements in a clear and concise manner.
• Meeting with vendors, salespersons, consultants and others regarding bidding processes, EBMUD requirements and products and services offered.
• Monitoring trends in the purchasing field; conducting analytical studies and recommending improvements to the purchasing process.
The ideal candidate will have:
• Technical expertise in the fields of purchasing, contracting and/or supplies management;
• Proven project management and supervisory skills that foster mentoring and coaching;
• Excellent analytical skills to resolve problems and make sound recommendations;
• Exceptional verbal and written communication skills;
• Demonstrated ability to work effectively with employees at all levels of a large organization, vendors, consultants and salespersons;
• Proven leadership skills.
The monthly salary range for Purchasing Contract Supervisor starts at $9,771, increasing to $10,260, $10,773, and $11,312 after 6, 18, and 30 months, respectively.
EBMUD offers an excellent benefits program that includes: paid vacation, holidays and sick leave; family health insurance coverage; family dental and vision care plans; retirement plan (reciprocal with CalPERS); 401(k), 401(a) and 457(b) tax-deferred retirement plans; transit subsidy; tuition reimbursement; and opportunities for professional growth including training and career development.
Any combination of education and experience that has led to the acquisition of the knowledge and abilities indicated above. Typical means of acquiring the essential knowledge and abilities:
1. A bachelor's degree; and
2. Three years of professional purchasing experience.
Submit a completed EBMUD application and the required supplemental question responses online at www.ebmud.com/jobs by 4:30 p.m., Friday, January 4, 2019. Only application materials submitted online during the filing period will be accepted.
EBMUD is an Equal Opportunity Employer: Females/Minorities/Veterans/Disability
Job Hotline: (510) 287-0742
More Jobs Hiring Near Me!