Diligent is the pioneer in modern governance. We empower leaders to turn governance into a competitive advantage through unparalleled insight and highly secure, integrated SaaS applications, helping organizations thrive and endure in todays complex, global landscape. The largest global network of corporate directors and executives, Diligent is relied on by more than 16,000 organizations and 650,000 leaders in over 90 countries. With award-winning customer service, Diligent serves more than 50% of the Fortune 1000, 70% of the FTSE 100, and 65% of the ASX. Our passionate, smart, and creative group of more than 1,000 employees support customers around the globe from offices in New York, London, Washington, DC, Amsterdam, Sydney, Christchurch, and Charlotte, NC.
The Junior Payroll Associate will report to the Global Payroll Manager and be responsible for handling all aspects of payroll processing for a global payroll department in a fast-growing business. The Junior Payroll Associate will ensure that payroll transactions are well documented, executed appropriately and completed in a timely manner, and (ii) Assist in developing and building cost-effective and efficient payroll processes, including the integration of new acquisitions.
* Oversee the on time and accurate disbursement of all payroll transactions for Diligents employees on an international scale. * Work closely with HR to facilitate and ensure accurate data entry of benefit, address, pay and other payroll changes into the ADP system. * Work with Accounting to ensure that payroll Journal Entries are completed accurately and resolve exceptions accurately and timely. * Review and audit timesheets, manage payroll cutoffs, and ensure that payrolls are processed. * Ensure that HR and Payroll records remain in sync. * Register as needed for new withholding jurisdictions. * Interface with auditors on workers compensation and unemployment audits and other internal and external audits. * Assist in the timely delivery of annual W-2 filings and international equivalents. * Actively participate in payroll system projects and upgrades. * Assist in the maintenance of country specific payroll guidelines and applicable policies and procedures. * Ensure that established performance metric goals met. * Actively pursue professional development to stay current on payroll impacting rules and regulations. * Ensure all requests sent to the payroll department are tracked and resolved timely. * Assist the Global Payroll Manager and finance leadership with multiple other projects as assigned.
* Minimum of 0-3 years of Payroll, HR or Accounting experience. * General Ledger experience and a solid understanding of accounting concepts. * Demonstrated ability to understand internal controls with a strong focus on attention to detail. * Demonstrated experience processing payroll, analytical thinking and have sound judgement. * Exhibit excellent time management, scheduling, and organizational skills. * Ability to multitask and work in a fast-paced and demanding global environment with willingness to put in extra time to meet corporate and departmental goals. * Demonstrated strong interpersonal skills; excellent written and verbal communication skills. * Demonstrated experience with process improvement. * Familiarity with ADP Workforce Now, Netsuite ERP, Microsoft Office, etc. * Experienced with maintaining compliance with payroll laws and regulations. * Demonstrated ability to handle confidential information and a sense of strong business ethics.
* Ability to type and/or manage laptop or personal computer keyboard for the purpose of internal and external electronic communication. * Ability to see and hear and communicate verbally
* Ability to understand, remember and oral and/or written instructions or other information * Ability to understand complex problems and to collaborate and explore alternative solutions * Ability to make decisions which have moderate to significant impact on the immediate team and division and stakeholders/colleagues and be able to monitor that impact
FSLA Status: [Exempt]
Diligent offers a competitive compensation and benefits package, including health, vision, dental, 401k with a strong match, health club reimbursement and much more.
We are a drug free workplace, and an equal opportunity employer. All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, color, religious creed, sex, national origin, ancestry, citizenship status, pregnancy, childbirth, physical disability, mental disability, age, military status, protected veteran status, marital status, registered domestic partner or civil union status, gender (including sex stereotyping and gender identity or expression), medical condition (including, but not limited to, cancer related or HIV/AIDS related), genetic information, or sexual orientation in accordance with applicable federal, state and local laws.
* The salary listed in the header is an estimate based on salary data for similar jobs in the same area. Salary or compensation data found in the job description is accurate.