- Department of the Treasury
10451 N Big Creek Rd
Help Duties Summary
WHAT IS THE SMALL BUSINESS/SELF-EMPLOYED DIVISION? The Small Business/Self-Employed (SB/SE) Division provides examinations and taxpayer education services for about 7 million small businesses and upwards of 33 million self-employed and supplemental income taxpayers.
See Additional Information for Locations.
Learn more about this agency
WHAT DOES A FRONT LINE MANAGER TECHNICIAN DO? As a Front Line Manager, first level supervisor, you will be responsible for assigning, directing, and reviewing the work of subordinate employees. You will use your leadership skills and management techniques for planning, scheduling, and coordinating work operations, planning and carrying out the training and development of employees, evaluating employees' work performance, and in performing all other related administrative functions. Generally, you will direct the work operations of subordinates performing administrative, complex clerical, technical and/or work comparable in nature. The functions, activities, and services provided may have limited geographic coverage and support activities within specific agency program segments.
As a Front Line Manager you will:
* Plan work to be accomplished by subordinates, sets and adjusts short-term priorities, and prepares schedules for completion of work.
* Assign work to subordinates based on priorities, selective consideration of the difficulty and requirements of assignments, and the capabilities of employees.
* Evaluate work performance of subordinates and makes recommendations for outstanding performance recognition and/or disciplinary action.
* Give advice, counsel, or instruction to employees on work and administrative matters.
* Interview candidates for positions within the organization/unit, and recommend appointment, promotion, or reassignment to such positions.
* Hear and resolve complaints from employees, refer group grievances and/or more serious unresolved complaints as appropriate.
* Effect minor disciplinary measures, such as warnings and reprimands, recommend other actions in more serious cases.
* Identify developmental and training needs of employees, providing or arranging for needed development and training.
* Initiate ways to improve production, work processes, and/or to increase the quality of the work directed.
WHERE CAN I FIND OUT MORE ABOUT OTHER IRS CAREERS? If you want to find out more about IRS careers, visit us on the web at www.jobs.irs.gov.
Occasional travel - Possibly 1 to 5 days per month.
* Job family (Series)
0526 Tax Specialist
Help Requirements Conditions of Employment
* Refer to Additional Information
* Click \"Print Preview\" to review the entire announcement before applying.
* Must be a U.S. Citizen or National
* IRS Employees with Career or Career Conditional Appointments.
You must meet the following requirements by the closing date of this announcement.
Applicants above the GS-9 level must demonstrate their knowledge of Principles of Accounting and Intermediate Accounting. Candidates can demonstrate this knowledge either through successful completion of 12 semester hours/ 18 quarter hours of college level accounting (with at least 6 semester / 9 quarter hours at the intermediate level) or successfully passing an IRS Online Intermediate Accounting Assessment.
A copy of your official or unofficial college transcripts must be uploaded with your resume or you will receive an invite to take the online accounting assessment. You must pass this assessment in order to meet the accounting requirement for this position. If selected for this position you will be required to submit a copy of your official transcripts prior to placement.
BASIC REQUIREMENTS (FRONT LINE MANAGER): You must have 1 year of specialized experience at a level of difficulty and responsibility equivalent to the next lower level within the payband or GS grade in the normal line of progression in the Federal service. To be qualifying for this position your experience should be sufficient to demonstrate:
* Experience with management techniques, methods, theories, principles, and labor relations concepts, to assure optimum utilization of personnel, equipment, and space for the accomplishment of all program objectives with combined technical and administrative oversight
* Experience applying regulations, other official guidance and principles, including the latest procedures and techniques sufficient to oversee the planning, development and implementation of the technical aspects of programs specific to the position being filled
* Experience applying basic budget management principles and practices (i.e. ability to maintain and manage financial resources)
* Experience applying communicative techniques to effectively and diplomatically interact with internal and external customers.
* Experience working various compliance programs including pre-filing and post-filing activities to promote voluntary compliance and fair and equitable compliance activity.
* Experience providing guidance related to compliance both verbally and in writing to collaborate with internal and external customers.
* Experience with tax related automated programs (i.e RGS, ERCS) and processes to provide guidance regarding system functions and enhance productivity and quality in program areas.
In addition to the above, you must have: Experience that demonstrated a substantive knowledge of business practices, basic accounting principles, and Federal tax laws and regulations; and that required the ability to audit tax records, analyze systems and bookkeeping, use factfinding techniques, and develop interpersonal skills.
* The experience may have been gained in the public sector, private sector or Volunteer Service. One year of experience refers to full-timework; part-timework is considered on a prorated basis.
* To ensure full credit for your work experience, please indicate dates of employment by month/year, and indicate number of hours worked per week, on your resume.
Education* The salary listed in the header is an estimate based on salary data for similar jobs in the same area. Salary or compensation data found in the job description is accurate.
Loading some great jobs for you...