Compensation: $64,220.00 - $99,520.00 /year *
Employment Type: Full-Time
Loading some great jobs for you...
The positions are located in the office of the Associate Administrator for Management and Budget in NNSA. The incumbents serve as Budget Analysts accomplishing a variety complex assignments including financial analysis, planning, programming, budgeting, and execution of NNSA resources, contract oversight, auditing, and advising management.
Learn more about this agency
As a Budget Analyst you will:
* Serve as a Budget Analyst and recognized authority for budget formulation, justification, and/or execution of long range program objectives, operations, and related financial resource requirements and program activities for a major segment of activities and programs related to national nuclear security initiatives.
* Monitor Headquarters, Office of Management and Budget, and Congressional action on program budgets in order to anticipate and advise program managers of changes in funding levels resulting from budget actions.
* Provide expert advice and guidance to senior program, project, or field office managers and their staffs, concerning long range budget planning, budgeting, and execution and provides authoritative information on changing or conflicting budget, fiscal and program guidelines and conditions.
* Determine and evaluate the impact of effort and resources in accomplishing objectives and develops/recommends changes.
* Develop and/or interpret broad supplemental policy guidance to be followed in preparing multiyear annual program plans, funding estimates, and schedules required for their execution.
Occasional travel - Travel to NNSA sites and for training purposes.
03 - Position is at the full performance level.
* Job family (Series)
0560 Budget Analysis
Conditions of Employment
* Subject to Random Drug Testing
* Must pass a pre-employment drug test.
* Favorable suitability determination required.
* Financial Disclosure is required.
* Must be able to obtain/maintain a Q level Security Clearance.
* You must be a United States Citizen.
* This employer participates in the e-Verify program.
* Males must abide by Selective Service registration requirements.
* Compliance with Homeland Security Presidential Directive (HSPD-12) governing personal identity which will require that you provide two forms of identification.
* A one year probationary period may be required.
* More than one position may be filled from this vacancy announcement.
SPECIALIZED EXPERIENCE REQUIREMENTS:
A qualified candidates online application and resume must demonstrate at least one year of specialized experience equivalent to the next lower NNSA pay band or GS grade level in the Federal service i.e., NQ-02 or GS-12. Specialized experience for this position is defined as: Demonstrated experience with Federal planning, programming, budget estimating and execution activities associated with a Federal organization's annual budget and demonstrated knowledge and use of Federal budget policies, precedents, regulations, and guidelines.
Your application and resume should demonstrate that you possess the following knowledge, skills and abilities (KSAs). Do not provide a separate narrative written statement. Rather, you must describe in your application how your past work experience demonstrates that you possess the KSAs identified below. Cite specific examples of employment or experience contained in your resume and describe how this experience has prepared you to successfully perform the duties of this position. DO NOT write 'see resume' in your application!
* Knowledge of the concepts, principles, practices of the federal and regulations of budgeting to provide expertise in the formulation, justification, and execution of long-range program plans, objectives and resource requirements for a multi-million dollar major national program/s; interpret and analyze impact of new/revised legislation and project potential effects on the national program.
* Skill in analyzing program-budgetary relationships, in relating multiyear projects to annual budget requirements and in drafting documents such as Congressional Justifications, Congressional Testimony, and responses to Congressional inquiries.
* Skill analyzing and interpreting financial data and corporate policies in order to formulate recommendations based on data for complex issues.
* Skill in interpreting legislation, regulatory and policy guidance.
'Experience' refers to paid and unpaid experience. Examples of qualifying unpaid experience may include: volunteer work done through National Service programs (such as Peace Corps and AmeriCorps); as well as work for other community-based philanthropic and social organizations. Volunteer work helps build critical competencies, knowledge, and skills; and can provide valuable training and experience that translates directly to paid employment. You will receive credit for all qualifying experience, including volunteer experience.
Time-in-Grade/Band: Current Federal employees must have completed 52 weeks in a position equivalent to the next lower NNSA pay band or GS grade level, i.e. NQ-02 or GS-12.
CTAP/ICTAP candidates: To be considered 'well qualified' you must meet all of the requirements as described in this section.
You must meet all qualifications and eligibility requirements within 30 days of the closing date of this announcement.
The are no education requirements for the NQ-560-03 positions, however, you must meet the specialized experience required as stated in this vacancy announcement.* The salary listed in the header is an estimate based on salary data for similar jobs in the same area. Salary or compensation data found in the job description is accurate.
Loading some great jobs for you...