Senior Manager, Financial Reporting
Compensation: $105,090.00 - $169,860.00 /year *
Employment Type: Full-Time
Industry: Financial Services - Insurance
The Role Decision Making/Authority
Business/Financial Results/BudgetManage the preparation of monthly consolidated financial statements in accordance with US GAAP:
- Govern and manage Delaware North's chart of accounts in accordance with reporting requirements and business needs
- Functional management of Delaware North's PeopleSoft-Financials Real Estate Management (REM) as related to leasing. Development of appropriate internal controls related to processes and procedures and monitoring compliance with company policies and other requirements related to REM. Key Contact person with outside technical support team including identifying issues and testing solutions.
- Manage external consultants toward preparation and review of Australian income tax provisions and related accounting in compliance with both US GAAP and IFRS; perform related valuation and realizability assessments and review findings with Exec Mgmt; work directly with external consultants BDO to facilitate Australian tax requests related to Delaware North's US income tax returns.
- Trouble shoot unit/subsidiary accounting questions and issues and suggest proper accounting treatments.
- Manage Australian accounting needs for insurance claim documentation and accounting, GST or other tax initiatives, asset impairment analyses and other Australian focused projects
Compliance Manage the external audit process of DN, each of its subsidiaries and certain units:
- Provide GL, accounting and reporting support to subsidiaries and other corporate departments as needed to facilitate the month-end close process
- Oversee the month-end consolidation process including review of GL entries, monthly consolidation entries, intercompany account reconciliation, balance sheet and income statement review, cash flow statement preparation and ensure adequate supporting documentation is prepared and maintained
- Issue monthly financial results to Senior management and quarterly reports for Delaware North's Board of Directors through preparation and review of monthly financial statements, detail supporting schedules and compilation of subsidiary reporting packages
- Support Delaware North's quarterly lender compliance certifications through preparation and review of detailed reports and lender covenant and compliance analysis
- Review quarterly subsidiary detail reporting packages to ensure compliance with company accounting policies and proper GL account usage
- Review and approve GL tree structure modifications to ensure US GAAP and management reporting requirements are met
- Liaise with Senior management to explain financial reports and develop/revise reporting to meet management's needs
- Perform technical research for various advanced accounting issues in order to develop and implement proper accounting practices
Manage DN's automated system for business consolidations:
- Prepare and review full financial statements, footnote disclosures and schedules supporting the disclosures
- Develop audit techniques that efficiently and effectively provide external auditors with their required supporting documentation
- Act as a key point of contact for Delaware North Senior Management, Subsidiary Senior Management, Unit Management and vendors to facilitate an efficient and effective audit
- Work alongside the external auditors to assist in the facilitation of planning site visits, coordination with units to ensure timely and accurate receipt of audit documentation, decisions around subjective audit differences, discussions around proper financial statement presentation and footnote disclosure and review of management representation and opinion letters
Perform ad-hoc tasks and projects as needed:
- Ensure foreign currency and minority partner ownership tables are kept up to date
- Provide unit support over reporting and consolidation results
- Coordinate with the Financial Systems Group and external consultants to ensure business rules and metadata properties are kept up to date
- Oversee user acceptance testing to ensure accurate accounting and reporting for new system functionality initiatives
- Develop and test new reports as needed to meet user needs
- Laisse with Subsidiary Management to perform due diligence work over potential acquisition targets
- Assist with the approval of AP payment approvals to facilitate timely payments to vendors
- Perform desk audits on specific units to ensure compliance with US GAAP and company accounting policies and procedures
- Perform financial data research within the accounting and consolidation systems as needed to satisfy ad-hoc requests from Management
- (Direct Reports (Levels), Indirect Repots, Team Development, Individual Development, Succession)
- Train and manage staff toward preparation of Australian compliance reporting; manage the annual external audit workflow for both US based and Australian based auditors and consultants; manage the preparation of multiple financial statements and their audit in accordance with both US GAAP and IFRS requirements.
- Prepare presentations on key accounting issues and present to group at SS and THS Controller Conferences, as requested.
Your Background The Senior Manager, Financial Reporting provides oversight and accountability of the monthly accounting close process, annual consolidated financial audits, financial statement audits conducted in accordance with IFRS or other international accounting standards and other accounting functions for Delaware North and each of its subsidiaries. The role also manages and mitigates company risks by implementing appropriate controls and processes to successfully perform the aforementioned procedures.
The role manages corporate financial reporting functions including the monthly executive reporting package and annual audited financial statement issuance ensuring compliance with US GAAP and lender covenant requirements. Manage the annual external audit process.
To be a good fit for the Senior Manager, Financial Reporting opportunity, you will have:
* The salary listed in the header is an estimate based on salary data for similar jobs in the same area. Salary or compensation data found in the job description is accurate.
- Minimum 4-year accounting degree
- 6+ years' progressive accounting and supervisory experience.
- CPA required
- Ability to supervise staff toward timely and accurate completion of assigned tasks. Independent problem solving and analytical abilities coupled with good troubleshooting skills. Ability to communicate clearly and concisely across management and staff levels and with international management and consultants.
- Strong knowledge of accounting policies and procedures, US GAAP and ability to learn and apply Australian IFRS.
- Strong automated system skills required with ability to independently learn automated system functionality. Proficiency in Microsoft Excel; experience with PeopleSoft Financials preferred and ability to learn financial system functionality.
Loading some great jobs for you...