Compensation: $95,430.00 - $157,490.00 /year *
Employment Type: Full-Time
Your Impact As Senior Accountant, you will be responsible for a variety of tasks in general accounting, including, but not limited to, accrual journal entries, rent calculations, reporting, month end and year end reconciliations, standard journal entries, and potential process improvements. Additionally, you may guide other members of the Global Business Service staff through knowledge sharing. Lastly, you may also work in partnership with various subsidiaries and field operations personnel to help facilitate process improvements.
Your responsibilities will fall into several areas. Investing about 80% of your time in the area of service delivery
, you will:
- Review the completion of journal entries and perform checks on accruals.
- Review reports related to the general ledger record to report (RTR) process including client reports, sales reports and rent calculations.
- Receive, investigate, and process invoice inquiries and disputes that have not been escalated by the managed service provider (MSP).
- Perform and review balance sheet reconciliations and ensure quality assurance.
- Successfully handle most non-routine issues and escalate unresolved issues to the Lead Accountant .
- Understand and apply Delaware North's RTR processes, policies, procedures and internal control standards.
- Identify Delaware North client exceptions to the standard RTR processes and identify, in conjunction with business unit leadership, ways to gradually shift towards Delaware North's standard practices.
- Liaise with Corp Financial Systems to test and implement financial system upgrades, patches and rollouts to new units. Supervise consultants and 3rd party specialists towards same. Support training of unit or MSP personnel..
- Require minimal supervision to manage daily activities and can meet published service level agreements (SLAs) for activities.
Regarding continuous improvement
(about 10% of your time), you will:
- Collaborate with the Managed Service Provider (MSP) to continuously improve processes, handoffs or work transitions.
- Work to maintain and improve the process performance against SLAs, and assist with any applicable reporting and analytics to measure the efficacy and efficiency of RTR processes.
In the area of collaboration and research
, you will:
- Collaborate with corporate functions across the organization to ensure any required changes to policies, procedures, and processes are implemented.
- Work in partnership with data owners/stewards to align on process and data issues.
- Respond to inquiry escalations and acts as a liaison between departments to support Delaware North's overall financial processes.
Your Background To be a good fit for the Senior Accountant opportunity, you will have:
* The salary listed in the header is an estimate based on salary data for similar jobs in the same area. Salary or compensation data found in the job description is accurate.
- A bachelor's degree in Accounting or business related curriculum coupled with relevant prior experience.
- 3+ years of accounting experience in a large, complex accounting environment with strong focus on general ledger reporting, month end close activities, reconciliations, etc.
- Deep understanding of accounting functions and accounting processes.
- Expertise in driving continuous improvement and business process management.
- Strong computer skills, including MS Office and PeopleSoft Financials or similar accounting software.
- The ability to meet deadlines and handle multiple priorities.
- Strong skills in facilitation, detailed collaboration, and effective communication.
- The ability to travel 10% to 20% of the time to support certain initiatives.
Loading some great jobs for you...