Employment Type: Full-Time
Our Exciting Work Environment
This position will be based out of Delaware North's new global headquarters, a state-of-the-art, 12-story, mixed-use building in downtown Buffalo, N.Y. The headquarters facility, reflective of our values, integrates the latest advances in environmental, energy conservation and office design.
The Lead Accountant, Record to Report (RTR) , is responsible for the execution and good standing of general accounting, with focuses on reviewing accrual journal entries, Client sales and rent reporting, standard journal entries, and process improvement. The Lead serves in a supervisory capacity, directing members of the Global Business Services staff, communicating appropriate information throughout the organization and is well-versed on best practices. The Lead Accountant communicates and collaborates with executives and management from the Managed Service Provider (MSP), various subsidiaries and field operations. The Lead Accountant is key contact with the company's external auditors to perform independent financial statement audits and other engagements.
- Manage Business Services staff focused on journal entries, account reconciliations, and client reporting
- Build and maintain relationships within the Business Services team and throughout the organization
- Support a culture of continuous improvement and standardization
- Review and approve journal entry completion and accrual support
- Review and approve Client reports, including invoices, sales reports, and rent calculations.
- Assist subsidiary finance by preparing financial reports, addressing audit requests, and conducting monthly close meetings
- Receive, investigate, and process customer inquiries and disputes that have been escalated by the MSP
- Manage non-routine issues as they arise and escalate high priority issues to management
- Manage and assess the account reconciliation process, identify timeliness and accuracy concerns, as well as areas of opportunity to improve the process.
- Perform key external and internal audit procedures and independently oversee external audit client requests
- Liaise with Corp Financial Systems to test and implement financial system upgrades, patches and rollouts to new units. Supervise consultants and 3 rd party specialists towards same. Support training of unit or MSP personnel.
- Understand and apply Delaware North's Record to Report processes, policies, procedures and internal control standards
- Identify Delaware North client exceptions to the standard RTR processes and identify, in conjunction with business unit leadership, ways to gradually shift towards Delaware North's standard practices
- Independently manages daily activities and can meet published Service Level Agreements (SLAs) for activities
- Work collaboratively and diligently with MSP to continuously improve points of contact, process handoffs and operational transitions
- Endeavor to improve process performance against SLAs and assist with any applicable reporting and analytics to measure the efficacy and efficiency of processes
- Collaborate with corporate functions across the board to ensure any required changes to policies, procedures, and processes are implemented
- Work in partnership with data owners/stewards to align on process and data issues
- Respond to inquiry escalations and acts as a liaison between departments to support Delaware North's overall financial processes.
- Serve as the primary back-up to the Manager regarding the approval of Rent payments and the placement of assets into service related to Capital Project activities.
Required Skills, Eduction & Experience:
- Bachelor's degree in Accounting with 5+ years of accounting experience - mix of public private preferred.
- Must be able to travel to support certain initiatives, up to 20%.
- This role requires a deep understanding of accounting function and application of accounting processes.
- Expertise in driving continuous improvement and business process management.
- Strong computer skills, including MS Office and PeopleSoft Financials or similar accounting software.
- Facilitation, detailed collaboration, and effective communication skills.
Who We Are
Take your career beyond the ordinary-to the extraordinary.
At Delaware North, you'll love where you work, who you work with, and how your day unfolds. Whether it's in sporting venues, casinos, airports, national parks, iconic hotels, or premier restaurants, there's no telling where your career can ultimately take you. We empower you to do great work in a company with 100 years of success, stability and growth. If you have drive and enjoy the thrill of making things happen - share our vision, grow with us.
Delaware North is one of the largest privately held hospitality companies in the world. Founded in 1915 and owned by the Jacobs family for more than 100 years, Delaware North has global operations at high-profile places such as sports and entertainment venues, national and state parks, destination resorts and restaurants, airports, and regional casinos. Our 55,000 employee associates are dedicated to creating special experiences one guest at a time in serving more than a half-billion guests annually. Delaware North operates in the sports, travel hospitality, restaurant and catering, parks, resorts, gaming, and specialty retail industries and has annual revenue of about $3 billion. Learn more about Delaware North, a global leader in hospitality, at .
All applicants will be subject to a pre-employment background check and may be subject to a pre-employment drug test depending upon the position and/or client requirements.
Delaware North Companies, Incorporated and its subsidiaries consider applicants for all positions without regard to race, color, religion, creed, gender, national origin, age, disability, marital or veteran status, sexual orientation, or any other legally protected status. Delaware North is an equal opportunity employer.
Loading some great jobs for you...