Lead Accountant, Payables
Employment Type: Full-Time
The Lead Accountant, Payables (Procure to Pay - PTP) is responsible for managing the accounts payable function, handling inquiry and process escalations, initiating and executing the annual 1099 processing, and serving as the company's Subject Matter Expert (SME) for the Accounts Payable process. The PTP Lead directs members of the Business Services staff, communicates appropriate information throughout the organization and is well-versed on best practices. The PTP Lead communicates and collaborates with management from the MSP, various subsidiaries and field operations. The PTP Lead supervises staff toward achieving departmental goals. Lastly, the PTP Lead communicates and collaborates with executives and management from the MSP, various subsidiaries and field operations
- Build and maintain relationships throughout the organization, establish position as the subject matter expert for Accounts Payable
- Develop and translate strategy into operational goals and objectives, identify areas of process improvement and provide input for solutions
- Manage the Business Services staff with accounts payable invoices, queries, and reports.
- Receive, investigate, and process vendor inquiries that have been escalated by the MSP
- Manage non-routine issues as they arise and escalate high priority issues to management
- Responsible for reviewing and resolving month-end AP reconciliations
- Manage the annual 1099 processing project
- Understand and apply Delaware North's Procure to Pay processes, policies, procedures and internal control standards
- Liaise with Corp Financial Systems to test and implement financial system upgrades, patches and rollouts to new units. Supervise consultants and 3 rd party specialists towards same. Support training of unit or MSP personnel.
- Identify Delaware North client exceptions to the standard PTP processes and identify, in conjunction with business unit leadership, ways to gradually shift towards Delaware North's standard practices
- Requires minimal supervision to manage daily activities and can meet published Service Level Agreements (SLAs) for activities
- Work collaboratively and diligently with MSP to continuously improve handoffs or work transitions
- Endeavor to improve process improvements against Service Level Agreements (SLAs) and assist with any applicable reporting and analytics to measure the efficacy and efficiency of processes
- Collaborate with corporate functions across the board to ensure any required changes to policies, procedures, and processes are implemented
- Work in partnership with data owners/stewards to align on process and data issues
- Respond to inquiry escalations and acts as a liaison between departments to support Delaware North's overall financial processes
- Bachelor's degree in Accounting, Business, or equivalent experience.
- 5-7+ years of accounting/finance experience with a focus on accounts payable.
- Prior supervisory experience is preferred.
- Deep understanding of accounts payable function and accounts payable processes.
- Ability to travel to support certain initiatives. Expertise in driving continuous improvement and business process management.
- Strong computer skills, including MS Office and PeopleSoft Financials or similar accounting software.
- Facilitation, detailed collaboration, and effective communication skills.
Who We Are
At Delaware North, you'll love where you work, who you work with, and how your day unfolds. Whether it's in sporting venues, casinos, airports, national parks, iconic hotels, or premier restaurants, there's no telling where your career can ultimately take you. We empower you to do great work in a company with 100 years of success, stability and growth. If you have drive and enjoy the thrill of making things happen - share our vision and grow with us.
All applicants will be subject to a pre-employment background check and may be subject to a pre-employment drug test depending upon the position and/or client requirements.
Delaware North Companies, Incorporated and its subsidiaries consider applicants for all positions without regard to race, color, religion, creed, gender, national origin, age, disability, marital or veteran status, sexual orientation, or any other legally protected status. Delaware North is an equal opportunity employer.
Loading some great jobs for you...