Global Process Owner, Record to Report
Compensation: $52,550.00 - $94,120.00 /year *
Employment Type: Full-Time
Our Exciting Work Environment This position will be based out of Delaware North's new global headquarters, a state-of-the-art, 12-story, mixed-use building in downtown Buffalo, N.Y. The headquarters facility, reflective of our values, integrates the latest advances in environmental, energy conservation and office design.
The Opportunity The Global Process Owner (GPO) is responsible for the governance and proactive development and enhancement of the Finance Record to Report (RTR) end-to-end process across the Delaware North enterprise. The GPO must collaborate with stakeholders and peer process owners, e.g. Procure-to-Pay GPO, to ensure effective and efficient streamlining of process operations and identification and leverage of cross-process synergies. The GPO will ensure continuous improvement and be accountable for service delivery of the Finance RTR process. The GPO is accountable for ensuring process compliance with all relevant legal/contractual requirements and company policy. The GPO must be capable of effectively managing and driving standardization and consistency in process execution across a decentralized team spread across multiple business units. The Global Process Owner will be the primary interface with the managed service provider (MSP) regarding Finance Record to Report services to Delaware North subsidiaries. The Global Process Owner will have a direct counterpart who oversees the operational staff at the MSP and will need to work closely with the MSP RTR lead to ensure service delivery to the Delaware North Subsidiaries is meeting service level agreements and customer expectations.
- Lead the execution of a global strategy for an end-to-end process including technologies
- Develop and translate strategy into operational goals, objectives, and process roadmap; identify necessary resources (people and capital); assess opportunities against business objectives and determine creative means to implement new and innovative technical and process-based solutions
- Establish, own and communicate a clear vision for the end-to-end process across the operating model
- Review end-to-end process performance and provide governance for process adoption and business demand
- Participate in governance management boards to provide input on items such as process scope and service delivery and assist in resolving operational issues
- Manage personnel in both the Delaware North Business Services function focused on RTR and the staff at the MSP
- Create a high-performance operating culture throughout the organization
- Build and maintain relationships at all levels throughout the organization
- Establish a culture of continuous improvement at all levels of the organization
- Act as a key stakeholder to foster a business-oriented culture; continuously monitor the needs of the business
- Ensure timely and high-quality delivery of RTR services provided by Business Services function personnel and MSP staff
- Identify Delaware North client exceptions to the standard RTR process and identify, in conjunction with business unit leadership, ways to gradually shift client's expectations towards Delaware North's standard practices
- Work closely with MSP GPO counterpart to continuously improve efficacy of transitions and handoffs between Business Services retained staff and MSP staff
- Formulate, measure and monitor key performance indicators for RTR service Delivery
- Ability to understand and operationalize advanced accounting requirements to facilitate appropriate RTR service delivery.
- Be accountable for and drive process transformation and make key decisions related to the process, including target setting, process performance management, and financial management with a focus on reducing process costs, increasing efficiency, and maximizing investment returns
- Drive global deployment and adoption of end-to-end RTR process and ensure consistency between MSP process execution and Business Services organization centralized or present at business units
- Ensure consistency in process execution by Business Services staff located at Delaware North business units
- Coordinate the identification, scoping and prioritization of process improvements, build value case to quantify cost and value of opportunities; conduct initial project planning and resourcing for initiatives
- Support the development of a GPO Community of Practice to share leading practices and leverage cross-process opportunities
- Work in conjunction with the performance management team to develop and operationalize SLAs and any applicable reporting and analytics to measure the efficacy and efficiency of their process
- Anticipate needs, assess and manage business risk taking; escalate issues that may impact their end-to-end process globally; manage through times of crisis and ambiguity that may require business continuity plans be put in action
- Collaborate with corporate functions across the board to ensure any required changes to policies, procedures, and processes are implemented
- Collaborate with data owners/stewards to align on process and data issues
- Communicate effectively as a spokesperson and leader for the end-to-end process
- Stay abreast of process trends and leading practices occurring in the marketplace to inform strategic direction and process enhancement
Key decisions will include:
- Determines how to operationalize process in alignment with strategic vision
- Decides which process improvement opportunities to pursue
- Determines prioritization of process opportunities in pipeline
- Determines methods and approaches to drive consistency across reporting staff that may be physically located in decentralized business units across the US and in international subsidiaries
- Owns enabling technology decisions for end-to-end process
Qualifications: College degree in related field such as Business Administration, or MS in Finance, plus relevant and Industry Knowledge. 8-10 years of accounting experience. CPA or MBA preferred. Experience in managing large scale, global organizations and virtual teams. Travel requirements for this role will be up to 60% between the US, Sri Lanka and India or as otherwise required by the project. Proven Leadership. Vision and strategic thinking. Deep understanding of process and sub-process area. Operational experience. Continuous improvement and business process management. Performance management. Stakeholder management. Facilitation, detailed collaboration, and effective communication.
Who We Are At Delaware North, you'll love where you work, who you work with, and how your day unfolds. Whether it's in sporting venues, casinos, airports, national parks, iconic hotels, or premier restaurants, there's no telling where your career can ultimately take you. We empower you to do great work in a company with 100 years of success, stability and growth. If you have drive and enjoy the thrill of making things happen - share our vision and grow with us.
All applicants will be subject to a pre-employment background check and may be subject to a pre-employment drug test depending upon the position and/or client requirements.
Delaware North Companies, Incorporated and its subsidiaries consider applicants for all positions without regard to race, color, religion, creed, gender, national origin, age, disability, marital or veteran status, sexual orientation, or any other legally protected status. Delaware North is an equal opportunity employer.
* The salary listed in the header is an estimate based on salary data for similar jobs in the same area. Salary or compensation data found in the job description is accurate.
Loading some great jobs for you...