Automotive Dealership Controller
Employment Type: Full-Time
This job is primarily responsible for the accounting, financial reporting and treasury functions for several auto dealerships.
Essential Job Responsibilities and Duties are as follows:
- Supervise and instruct employees in the performance of accounting, financial reporting, billing, collections, payroll, and expenditure duties
- Coordinate and direct the financial planning, budgeting, reporting, procurement, or investment activities for the organization
- Develop internal control guidelines, policies, and procedures for the prevention of theft or misuse of company assets
- Maintain current knowledge of organizational policies and procedures, federal and state policies and directives, and current accounting standards
- Prepare or direct preparation of financial statements, forecasts, budgets, financial analyses and reports required by ownership, lenders and regulatory agencies
- Provide direction and assistance to other organizational units regarding accounting and budgeting policies and procedures and efficient control and utilization of financial resources
- Analyze the financial details of past, present, and forecasted operations to identify development opportunities and areas where improvements are needed
- Advise management on short-term and long-term financial objectives, policies, and actions.
- Monitor financial activities and details, such as cash flow and reserve levels, to ensure that all legal and regulatory requirements are met
- Evaluate needs for procurement of funds and investment of surpluses and make appropriate recommendations
- Monitor and evaluate the performance of accounting and other financial staff, recommending and implementing personnel actions, such as promotions and terminations
- Develop and maintain relationships with banking, insurance, legal and non-organizational accounting personnel to facilitate the flow of financial information
- Receive, record, and authorize requests for disbursements in accordance with company policies and procedures
- Provide management and oversight for the receipt, disbursement, banking, protection, and custody of funds, securities, and financial instruments
- Conduct or coordinate audits of company accounts and financial transactions to ensure compliance with company policies & procedures and prevent the theft or misuse of company assets
- Implement and lead staff training and development
- Compute, withhold, and account for commissions and all payroll deductions
- Manage the recording of cash, checks and all deposit-related activities
- Perform tax-related work for submittal to outside CPA firm for preparation of all federal and state tax returns
- Manage the dealer reserve
- Complete other accounting and financial duties as assigned
- MUST HAVE 2+ years automotive dealership Controller experience
- Working knowledge of administrative positions within a dealership setting (Title Clerk, AP/AR, Billing, HR, Payroll, etc.)
- Excellent communication skills
- Ability to work well with personnel and vendors to resolve problems
- Two or Four-Year degree in accounting preferred
- High school degree or equivalent is required
- Valid driver's license
- Must Have Automotive Dealership Experience
- New Car Franchise Experience is required
- Health insurance
- Retirement plans
- Other benefit options to employees
Earnings vary depending on experience. Please include salary history with resume, and also an estimated start date.
If you are looking for a competitive pay plan, a challenging yet rewarding position with our group of dealerships throughout the state of Florida and be a part of our large and growing team, apply now and start your new career today!
Loading some great jobs for you...