Employment Type: Full-Time
A member of the Fiscal department team, the Staff Accountant is responsible for assisting in the analysis and reconciliation of P&L and balance sheet accounts, as well as assisting the Controller and Accounting Manager with the day to day operations, monthly close, and audits.
Specific responsibilities include:
- Monthly GL Account analysis and reconciliation, including: Balance Sheet and Revenue accounts and other account analysis as assigned.
- Prepares and records asset, liability, revenue and expenses entries by compiling and analyzing account information.
- Assist Maintain and reconcile on a monthly and quarterly basis all assigned payroll-related accounts, including employee advances, payroll liability accounts, employee deductions, benefits and tax accounts and payroll related line item expenses.
- Assist with preparing the quarterly 941 tax reconciliation.
- Assist with preparation of bi-weekly pension contribution and loan upload files.
- Assist with the maintenance and reconciliation of subsidiary accounts by verifying allocations, transactions and resolving discrepancies.
- Assist with the preparation of schedules, work papers and provide support for annual audit, Government funding agencies and any other audits.
- Research any significant GL account variances and retrieve supporting documentation when necessary.
- Assist with filing and administrative duties as needed.
- Assist with special projects as assigned.
- Bachelors degree in Accounting, related field or equivalent work experience.
- Minimum 3 years work experience, preferably in a not for profit environment.
- Attention to detail, deadline oriented.
- Strong analytical and communication skills required.
- Proficient in Microsoft Excel and Word.
- Financial Edge and ADP payroll software products a plus.
No phone calls please. Only applicants selected for interviews will be contacted.
CASES is proud to be an Equal Opportunity Employer. Employment with CASES is based solely on qualifications and competence for a particular position, without regard to race, color, ethnic or national origin, age, religion, creed, gender, sexual orientation, disability, or marital, military, or citizenship status. We also actively recruit individuals with prior involvement in the criminal justice system.Your information will be kept confidential according to EEO guidelines.
Loading some great jobs for you...