Job Number: 2129268Controller
North Bay design and manufacturing company is seeking a well-rounded Controller to join an established accounting team. This position is responsible for total management of accounting functions and staff. The Controller will oversee personnel in AP, AR, payroll, inventory, fixed assets and general ledger. This is a casual work environment but we are looking for a hard working individual with a positive attitude and strong commitment to continuous improvement. Qualified individuals will have 10+ years of experience in accounting with increasing levels of responsibility.
- Supervision the accounting staff in day to day operations
- Management of bi-weekly payroll processing in partnership with HR department
- Responsible for the delivery of timely and accurate, internal and external financial and managerial reporting
- Ensuring general ledger and sub-ledgers are reconciled
- Responsible for tax compliance and planning
- Leading the budgeting and planning process
- Bachelor's degree or higher in Accounting
- 10+ years experience in accounting field
- 7+ years in a supervisory position
- Strong computer software skills: Excel, Word, PowerPoint, Accounting SW Systems
- Ability to lead and manage staff
- Excellent communication skills and attention to detail
- Must have a \"hands-on\" approach to problem solving
Additional Desired Qualifications:
- Ideally manufacturing/distribution experience
- Flexibility for limited travel (2-3 times annually)
- CPA is a plus
For a highly qualified individual a competitive compensation plan will be offered, including medical/dental/vision and annual bonus.
Compensation: 120K-140K DOE
For more than 45 years, we've been passionate about helping people find jobs they love - rewarding jobs that further career goals. At Nelson, we partner with companies that have outstanding reputations. Working with innovative startups to Fortune 500 companies, our skilled recruiters have access to opportunities beyond what you can find on your own. With Nelson, you'll get the most out of your career. Together, we'll set career goals and find you a position where your skills shine. For a full listing of jobs, go to: www.nelsonjobs.comwww.nelsonjobs.com/ and click \"Find Work.\"