Sales Tax Manager
Employment Type: Full-Time
Withum's rapidly growing Sales/Use tax practice is currently accepting resumes for a Sales Tax Manager to participate in a challenging career path in our New York City office.
WithumSmith+Brown, P.C., is a forward-thinking, technology-driven advisory and accounting firm, helping clients to Be in a Position of StrengthSM in today's modern business landscape. Withum empowers clients with innovative tools and solutions to address their accounting, tax and overall business management needs. Withum is a place where talent thrives. We recruit only the best and brightest people, with a genuine passion for the business.
Withum's brand is a reflection of our people, our culture and our strength. Withum has become synonymous with teamwork and client service excellence. The cornerstone of our success can truly be accredited to the dedicated professionals who work here every day, whose mission is to help our clients grow and thrive - to be in a position of strength. But our commitment goes beyond our clients as we continue to live the Withum Way, promoting personal and professional growth for all team members, clients, and surrounding communities.
How You'll Spend Your Time:
* Participate in multiple sales tax projects to identify and implement process improvements and process streamlining with respect to sales/use tax
* Assist with sales tax audits and coordinate with governmental agencies
* Conduct tax research and taxation forms using online tax tools
* Review and reconcile data reports to be uploaded into Avalara
* Prepare and present webinars on different sales tax topics
The Kinds of People We Want to Talk to Have Many of the Following:
* Preferred 5 or more years' experience of sales and use tax compliance, audits or related work in public or private accounting, or equivalent experience; preferably with SaaS and/or digitized/online products experience
* Bachelor's degree from an accredited college/university with business background
* Preferred licensed CPA, J.D., LL.M., or MST
* Proficient with Microsoft Office Suite applications including Word, Excel, Access, PowerPoint and Outlook, as well as strong analytical, reporting and data querying skills
* Experience with Checkpoint, BNA, Avalara and/or NetSuite preferred
* Detail oriented approach to work, confidentiality, good problem-solving skills
* Ability to multitask on varying tax issues for multiple clients at a very fast-paced environment
Withum will not discriminate against any employee or applicant for employment because of race, color, religion, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity, national origin, age, marital status, genetic information, disability, or because he or she is a protected veteran.
Loading some great jobs for you...