Multiemployer Benefit Plan Audit Senior
Compensation: $80,005.00 - $157,490.00 /year *
Employment Type: Full-Time
Looking to learn or enhance your current skill in ERISA?
WithumSmith+Brown, P.C., is a forward-thinking, technology-driven advisory and accounting firm, helping clients to Be in a Position of StrengthSM in today's modern business landscape. Withum empowers clients and our professional staff with innovative tools and solutions to address their accounting, tax and overall business management and operational needs. Withum is a place where talent thrives. We recruit only the best and brightest people, with a genuine passion for the business.
Withum is among the few accounting firms that specialize in multiemployer benefit plan audits and advisory services. We service single and multiemployer benefit plan clients of all sizes, including plans with over 500,000 participants and assets of $15 billion. Withum's Multiemployer Benefit Plan Practice Group professionals are specialists in Employee Retirement Income Security Act (ERISA), Department of Labor (DOL), and Internal Revenue Service (IRS) compliance and are national recognized for their expertise. The Multiemployer Benefit Plan Practice Group includes several highly-qualified specialists in the areas of tax compliance, assurance services and health benefit claims processing. Few other Firms employ professionals that are exclusively dedicated to these specific areas.
This Audit Senior role will work exclusively with Withum's Multiemployer Benefit Plan Practice Group based in our New York City office. There will be travel opportunities to other metropolitan cities for fieldwork. Clients that we service are located primarily on the east and west coast so the travel opportunities are vast, but you are always home on the weekend and there are opportunities to take advantage of the cities you travel to. You'll be working with a team of renowned experts and thought leaders in the industry who are passionate about what they do! These individuals are well-known in the industry and instructs at National conferences on ERISA issues which will provide a wonderful learning opportunity to work with professionals of this caliber. In this position, you will take a lead role on all aspects of audit engagements, from planning, execution to completion, to include supervision/mentoring of staff, working directly with partners and senior managers and building/maintaining relationships with clients. There are great leadership and advancement opportunities for this role in the Multiemployer Benefit Plan Practice Group. The path for promotion is transparent and we work closely with professional by assigning career coaches to ensure that they obtain the right skills for readiness for the next level in their career.
Withum's brand is a reflection of our people, our culture and our strength. Withum has become synonymous with teamwork and client service excellence. The cornerstone of our success can truly be accredited to the dedicated professionals who work here every day, easy to work with a sense of purpose and caring for their co-workers and whose mission is to help our clients grow and thrive - to be in a position of strength. But our commitment goes beyond our clients as we continue to live the Withum Way, promoting personal and professional growth for all team members, clients, and surrounding communities.
How You'll Spend Your Time
* Lead the engagement team staff on the planning and execution of an audit engagement to effectively and efficiently provide world-class client service
* Oversee the day-to-day operations of the audit engagement from staffing, planning, risk assessment, fieldwork, financial reporting and the conclusion. Provide supervision, training and support to the engagement staff and promote open communication to the engagement manager and partner.
* Knowledge of employee benefit plan testing for contributions, pension distributions, claims testing for health and welfare, investment fair value testing, participant data, and familiarity with reviewing actuarial reports.
* Reviewing Form 5500 filings with the Department of Labor
* Collaborate with managers and partners on client issue resolution and make recommendations for operational or internal control improvements to the client
* Manage multiple engagements concurrently with various teams (some teams may be remote) to efficiently meet client deadlines
* Create and track engagement budgets to review for inefficiencies that may arise during the audit
* Preparing financial statements and footnotes
The Kinds of People We Want to Talk to Have Many of The Following:
* Bachelor's degree in accounting and or finance
* CPA or CPA eligible
* At least 2-3 years of public accounting experience, with ERISA experience (Multi-employer benefit plans audits a bonus) and leading multiple engagements and supervising staff
* Excellent analytical, technical, and auditing skills including familiarity with US GAAP and GAAS.
* Exceptional client service and communication skills with a demonstrated ability to develop and maintain outstanding client relationships.
* Ability to manage multiple engagements and competing projects in a rapidly growing, fast-paced, interactive, results-based team environment.
* Strong leadership, training, and mentoring skills, coupled with excellent verbal, written, and presentation skills to represent the Firm well to Board of Trustees, engagement partners or client's management
* Excellent organizational and project management skills and strong attention to detail.
* Strong computer skills including proficiency in Microsoft Office Excel, and Adobe.
* Knowledge of CCH audit tool, not required
* Ability to travel up to 40% within the U.S. (primarily on the east coast with return travel home on Friday evenings)
Withum will not discriminate against any employee or applicant for employment because of race, color, religion, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity, national origin, age, marital status, genetic information, disability or because he or she is a protected veteran.* The salary listed in the header is an estimate based on salary data for similar jobs in the same area. Salary or compensation data found in the job description is accurate.
Loading some great jobs for you...