Audit Supervisor - Not For Profit Industry Group
Employment Type: Full-Time
Looking to work at a firm with an unbeatable culture?
WithumSmith+Brown, P.C., is a forward-thinking, technology-driven advisory and accounting firm, helping clients to Be in a Position of StrengthSM in today's modern business landscape. Withum empowers clients and our professional staff with innovative tools and solutions to address their accounting, tax and overall business management and operational needs. Withum is a place where talent thrives. We recruit only the best and brightest people, with a genuine passion for the business.
Withum's Not-for-Profit and Education Industry group provides support and guidance to Nonprofits to succeed in a technology-driven world full of ever-changing rules and regulations. Withum believes that when you stand together for a common purpose, dreams for a better world become reality. Withum's Not-for-Profit team has the experience and the knowledge to tackle complain ace, governance and operational and financial hurdles that can help free up time and resources and allow nonprofits to stay focused on the heart of the matter- their mission. This group services a variety of nonprofits including community-based organizations, public charities, private foundations, trade associations and educational institutions.
This Audit Supervisor role will work exclusively with Withum's Not-for-Profit Industry Group based in our New York City office. Clients that we service are located primarily in the central and northern New Jersey area and New York City. You'll be working with a team of renowned experts and thought leaders in the industry who are passionate about what they do!. In this position, you will take a lead role on all aspects of audit engagements, from planning, execution to completion, to include supervision/mentoring of staff, working directly with partners and managers and building/maintaining relationships with clients. There are great leadership and advancement opportunities for this role in the Not-for-Profit Industry Group. The path for promotion is transparent and we work closely with professional by assigning career coaches to ensure that they obtain the right skills for readiness for the next level in their career.
Withum's brand is a reflection of our people, our culture and our strength. Withum has become synonymous with teamwork and client service excellence. The cornerstone of our success can truly be accredited to the dedicated professionals who work here every day, easy to work with a sense of purpose and caring for their co-workers and whose mission is to help our clients grow and thrive - to be in a position of strength. But our commitment goes beyond our clients as we continue to live the Withum Way, promoting personal and professional growth for all team members, clients, and surrounding communities.
How You'll Spend Your Time
* Lead the engagement team staff on the planning and execution of an audit engagement to effectively and efficiently provide world-class client service
* Oversee the day-to-day operations of the audit engagement from staffing, planning, risk assessment, fieldwork, financial reporting and the conclusion.
* Provide supervision, training and support to the engagement staff and promote open communication to the engagement manager and partner.
* Collaborate with managers and partners on client issue resolution and make recommendations for operational or internal control improvements to the client
* Manage multiple engagements concurrently with various teams to efficiently meet client deadlines
* Create and track engagement budgets to review for inefficiencies that may arise during the audit
* Preparing financial statements and footnotes
The Kinds of People We Want to Talk to Have Many of The Following:
* Bachelor's degree in accounting and or finance
* CPA or CPA eligible
* At least 5 years of public accounting experience, with Nonprofit client experience experience and leading multiple engagements and supervising staff
* Excellent analytical, technical, and auditing skills including familiarity with GASB and High Education clients.
* Exceptional client service and communication skills with a demonstrated ability to develop and maintain outstanding client relationships.
* Ability to manage multiple engagements and competing projects in a rapidly growing, fast-paced, interactive, results-based team environment.
* Strong leadership, training, and mentoring skills, coupled with excellent verbal, written, and presentation skills to represent the Firm well to engagement partners or client's management
* Excellent organizational and project management skills and strong attention to detail.
* Ability to travel to clients in Central and Northern New Jersey and New York City.
Withum will not discriminate against any employee or applicant for employment because of race, color, religion, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity, national origin, age, marital status, genetic information, disability or because he or she is a protected veteran.
Loading some great jobs for you...