Compensation: $95,430.00 - $157,490.00 /year *
Employment Type: Full-Time
Looking to work at a firm that encourages a work life balance?
WithumSmith+Brown, P.C., is a forward-thinking, technology-driven advisory and accounting firm, helping clients to Be in a Position of StrengthSM in today's modern business landscape. Withum empowers clients with innovative tools and solutions to address their accounting, tax and overall business management needs. Withum is a place where talent thrives. We recruit only the best and brightest people, with a genuine passion for the business.
Withum's Auditing and Attest Engagement services are the cornerstone of our firm. Withum's audit and advisory team possess the expertise necessary to give stakeholders confidence in financial information. This team provides audit services, Review and compilation services and other agreed upon audit procedures to a variety of client sizes and industries.
This Audit Senior role will be based out of our New York City office location. You'll work along side an integrated team of seasoned, well-known CPAs and industry leaders. In this position, you will take a lead role on all aspects of audit engagements, from planning to completion, to include supervision/mentoring of staff and building/maintaining relationships with clients.
Withum's brand is a reflection of our people, our culture and our strength. Withum has become synonymous with teamwork and client service excellence. The cornerstone of our success can truly be accredited to the dedicated professionals who work here every day, whose mission is to help our clients grow and thrive - to be in a position of strength. But our commitment goes beyond our clients as we continue to live the Withum Way, promoting personal and professional growth for all team members, clients, and surrounding communities.
How You'll Spend Your Time
* Lead the engagement team staff on the planning and execution of an audit, review or compilation engagement to effectively and efficiently provide world-class client service
* Oversee the day-to-day operations of the audit engagement from staffing, planning, risk assessment, fieldwork, financial reporting and the conclusion.
* Provide supervision and support to the engagement staff and promote open communication to the engagement manager and partner.
* Collaborate with managers and partners on client issue resolution and make recommendations for any legal, regulatory and accounting issues that arise during an audit engagement
* Reviewing all schedule and non-scheduled general ledger accounts for accurate entries
* Manage multiple engagements concurrently with various teams to efficiently meet client deadlines
* Create and track engagement budgets to review for inefficiencies that may arise during the audit
* Conduct constructive discussions with team members on their evaluations and providing counsel accordingly
* Serve in professional development programs as an instructor or discussion leader
The Kinds of People We Want to Talk to Have Many of The Following:
* Bachelor's degree in accounting
* CPA or CPA eligible
* At least 3 years of public accounting experience, with experience leading multiple engagements and supervising staff.
* Excellent analytical, technical, and auditing skills including familiarity with US GAAP due to the complexity of the engagements in this sector.
* Exceptional client service and communication skills with a demonstrated ability to develop and maintain outstanding client relationships.
* Ability to manage multiple engagements and competing projects in a rapidly growing, fast-paced, interactive, results-based team environment.
* Strong leadership, training, and mentoring skills, coupled with excellent verbal, written, and presentation skills to represent the Firm well to client's management
* Excellent analytical, organizational, project management skills, strong attention to detail, and proven innovative problem solving skills.
Withum will not discriminate against any employee or applicant for employment because of race, color, religion, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity, national origin, age, marital status, genetic information, disability or because he or she is a protected veteran.* The salary listed in the header is an estimate based on salary data for similar jobs in the same area. Salary or compensation data found in the job description is accurate.
Loading some great jobs for you...