Audit Manager - Not For Profit Industry Group
Employment Type: Full-Time
Looking to work at a firm that encourages a work life balance?
WithumSmith+Brown, P.C., is a forward-thinking, technology-driven advisory and accounting firm, helping clients to Be in a Position of StrengthSM in today's modern business landscape. Withum empowers clients with innovative tools and solutions to address their accounting, tax and overall business management needs. Withum is a place where talent thrives. We recruit only the best and brightest people, with a genuine passion for the business.
WithumSmith+Brown is currently accepting applications for an Audit Manager in our Not-For-Profit niche in our East Brunswick office.
How You'll Spend Your Time
* Managing multiple audit engagements, focusing on nonprofit and higher education clients and acting as the primary liaison between the Partner, the client and the audit staff
* Is generally responsible for all phases of an audit engagement and is responsible for resolving all legal, regulatory and accounting issues that arise during an audit engagement;
* Responsible for conducting constructive discussions with staff on their evaluations and providing counsel accordingly;
* Assisting with billing and collections;
* Staying current on new pronouncements or accounting literature and serving in professional development programs as an instructor or discussion leader.
* Managers are expected to participate in business development activities, including cross-selling firm services to existing clients, as well as attending networking events, conferences and participating in all not for profit niche activities, including writing of articles, leading webinars and training of staff.
Must have a minimum of 7 years prior experience in a public accounting firm . Nonprofit client experience is required. Higher Education and GASB experience preferred. Must have a CPA license and have demonstrated expertise in current professional practice and demonstrated knowledge of nonprofit and governmental requirements. Strong communication and leadership skills required. Must be able to travel locally.
Withum's brand is a reflection of our people, our culture and our strength. Withum has become synonymous with teamwork and client service excellence. The cornerstone of our success can truly be accredited to the dedicated professionals who work here every day, whose mission is to help our clients grow and thrive - to be in a position of strength. But our commitment goes beyond our clients as we continue to live the Withum Way, promoting personal and professional growth for all team members, clients, and surrounding communities.
Withum will not discriminate against any employee or applicant for employment because of race, color, religion, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity, national origin, age, marital status, genetic information, disability or because he or she is a protected veteran.
Loading some great jobs for you...