Audit Manager - Emerging Growth
Employment Type: Full-Time
Looking to work at a firm that encourages a work life balance?
WithumSmith+Brown, P.C., is a forward-thinking, technology-driven advisory and accounting firm, helping clients to Be in a Position of StrengthSM in today's modern business landscape. Withum empowers clients with innovative tools and solutions to address their accounting, tax and overall business management needs. Withum is a place where talent thrives. We recruit only the best and brightest people, with a genuine passion for the business.
The world of technology is exciting, fast-paced and ever-evolving, and businesses within this dynamic industry have diverse and challenging issues when it comes to corporate finances and business management. Whether in the start-up phase or as an established company, members of Withum's Technology and Emerging Growth Services Group have a unique understanding related to this specialized sector, working as a strategic partner with our clients throughout their journey of growth and success.
The Technology and Emerging Growth Services group is seeking a driven, self-motivated, growth oriented Audit Manager to join our rapidly growing team within our New York, NY office. Are you passionate about high-growth startups? Are you a proven problem solver with a knack for numbers? Are you dedicated, hardworking and a great team player? If so, this position may be for you!
How You'll Spend Your Time
* Managing multiple audit engagements, and acting as the primary liaison between the Partner, the client and the audit staff;
* Responsible for all phases of an engagement and is responsible for resolving all legal, regulatory and accounting issues that arise during an audit engagement
* Conducting constructive discussions with staff on their evaluations and providing counsel accordingly
* Assisting with billing and collections;
* Staying current on new pronouncements or accounting literature and serving in professional development programs as an instructor or discussion leader.
* Managers are expected to participate in business development activities, including cross-selling firm services to existing clients, as well as attending networking events, conferences, etc.
The Kinds of People We Want to Talk to Have Many of The Following:
* Bachelor's degree in accounting and a CPA license
* At least 7 years of public accounting experience, with experience leading multiple engagements and supervising staff.
* Experience working with technology and start-ups companies
* Exceptional client service and communication skills with a demonstrated ability to develop and maintain outstanding client relationships.
* Ability to manage multiple engagements and competing projects in a rapidly growing, fast-paced, interactive, results-based team environment.
* Strong leadership, training, and mentoring skills, coupled with excellent verbal, written, and presentation skills to represent the Firm well to client's management
* Excellent analytical, organizational, project management skills, strong attention to detail, and proven innovative problem solving skills.
* Ability to travel to clients on an as needed basis
Withum's brand is a reflection of our people, our culture and our strength. Withum has become synonymous with teamwork and client service excellence. The cornerstone of our success can truly be accredited to the dedicated professionals who work here every day, whose mission is to help our clients grow and thrive - to be in a position of strength. But our commitment goes beyond our clients as we continue to live the Withum Way, promoting personal and professional growth for all team members, clients, and surrounding communities.
Withum will not discriminate against any employee or applicant for employment because of race, color, religion, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity, national origin, age, marital status, genetic information, disability or because he or she is a protected veteran.
Loading some great jobs for you...