- Barclays Bank
- $114,780.00 -170,550.00/year*
Financial Services - Banking/Investment/Finance
VP - Controls Testing and Execution
The Controls Testing & Execution team is part of the Controls Assurance Service and responsible for 1) leading on the creation of the Control Testing plan, incorporating both mandatory and risk-based testing; 2) completing testing in line with the prevailing Controls Testing methodology; and 3) agreeing and reporting the results of Controls Testing with key stakeholders.
The Controls Testing & Execution role works across 1LoD Business Units and Functions providing management with informed opinion on the effectiveness of controls they operate to mitigate material risks. The successful candidate will be accountable for delivering their portfolio of Controls Testing in line with quality and timeline expectations - supervising the work of an aligned team of Testers, ensuring that conclusions are sound, and the results of testing are accurately reflected in high quality written reports. Candidates will need to articulate findings from testing work to senior stakeholders, raise issues where appropriate, and agree actions plans to mitigate risks identified
What will you be doing?
* Lead and drive development of the Controls Testing plan;
* Lead, support and guide a team of aligned Testers;
* Own and deliver a Controls Testing portfolio; review and approve working papers and draft/final reports;
* Land key messages and agree draft/final reports with stakeholders;
* Accountable for the accuracy of data in the Controls Testing Tool (CTT); and
* Develop and maintain relationships with stakeholders, and represent the Controls Testing & Execution team in meetings, working groups etc., and deputize for Controls Testing & Execution management as necessary.
What we're looking for:
* Bachelor's Degree or relevant business experience;
* 10 years' in one or more of the following: Internal/External Audit; Operational Risk Management; or Risk and Control related discipline;
* 10 years' experience of working in a Bank or Financial Services;
Skills that will help you in the role:
* Excellent understanding of risk and control assessment techniques; and
* Specialist Risk and/or Control-related qualification - formal accreditation / qualification relating to audit, risk and/or control etc.; and
* Knowledge of the Financial Services regulatory environment.
* Excellent communication skills and a proven ability to work in a matrix organization.
Where will you be working?
At Barclays, we are proud to be redefining the future of finance and here at Whippany we are defining the future of the workplace and the future of the way we work and live. We are creating a unique community, one of four strategic tech-enabled hubs that will redefine opportunity for everyone who works here. Whatever you do at Whippany, you'll have every chance to build a world-class career in this world-class environment.
Interested and want to know more about Barclays? Visit home.barclays/who-we-are/ for more details.
Everything we do is shaped by the five values of Respect, Integrity, Service, Excellence and Stewardship. Our values inform the foundations of our relationships with customers and clients, but they also shape how we measure and reward the performance of our colleagues. Simply put, success is not just about what you achieve, but about how you achieve it.
We aim to foster a culture where individuals of all backgrounds feel confident in bringing their whole selves to work, feel included and their talents are nurtured, empowering them to contribute fully to our vision and goals. It is the policy of Barclays to ensure equal employment opportunity without discrimination or harassment on the basis of race, color, creed, religion, national origin, alienage or citizenship status, age, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity or expression, marital or domestic/civil partnership status, disability, veteran status, genetic information, or any other basis protected by law.
Our customers are unique. The same goes for our colleagues. That's why at Barclays we offer a range of benefits, allowing every colleague to choose the best options for their personal circumstances. These include a competitive salary and pension, health care and all the tools, technology and support to help you become the very best you can be. We are proud of our dynamic working options for colleagues. If you have a need for flexibility, then please discuss this with us.* The salary listed in the header is an estimate based on salary data for similar jobs in the same area. Salary or compensation data found in the job description is accurate.
Loading some great jobs for you...