Associate, U.S. Power & Utilities Investment Banking
Compensation: $134,560.00 - $134,560.00 /year *
Employment Type: Full-Time
Loading some great jobs for you...
Requisition ID: 61859
Join the Global Community of Scotiabankers to help customers become better off.
We are seeking an experienced Associate to be located at Scotiabank's New York Office. The position will principally be focused on execution oversight and mentorship of Junior resources pertaining to investment banking work within the U.S. Power & Utilities sector, including Mergers & Acquisitions. In addition, the role will include support and assistance on the origination and execution of equity and equity-linked transactions and general business development.
* Provide general analytical execution leadership and support, specifically in respect of M&A assignments
* Create financial valuation models to assess earnings, dividend and credit impacts of deal structures
* Draft transaction correspondence, manage deal processes and assemble marketing materials for senior bankers
* Market and financial analysis including market comparisons, pro forma financial modeling and valuation
* Assistance with the preparation of all elements of client presentations
* Assistance with preparation of all internal market information dissemination materials including periodic and ad hoc updates on market and client activity
* Assistance with various internal projects to support the investigation and development/enhancement of new business initiatives
* Assistance with the execution of new issue transactions including the development of internal memoranda, liaising/presenting to internal committees and working with external transaction partners (ie. other banks, legal counsel, accountants)
* Liaising with other departments of Scotiabank, including Corporate Banking, Equity Capital Markets, Debt Capital Markets and Global Trading
* Presenting to Scotiabank's corporate clients
Experience & Education:
* 3 - 4 years of M&A experience
* Broad understanding of the US Power & Utilities industry sector
* Relevant educational background (MBA, Finance, Econ, etc.)
* Proven record of outstanding achievement in academic and extracurricular activities.
* A clearly defined interest in Investment Banking.
* Candidates with Series 63 and 79 licenses preferred as candidates will be required to obtain both licenses within a year of joining.
* Strong written and verbal communication skills, including the ability to present to Scotiabank's clients, both in a team presentation and ultimately on a solo basis
* Strong quantitative skills focused on financial analysis, accounting and financial theory.
* The ability to manage multiple projects simultaneously while maintaining a high standard of work.
* Ability to manage and review the work of others
* The ability to excel under pressure amid demanding deadlines.
* The ability to perform effectively in a team environment.
* Demonstrated ability to quickly adapt to new situations.
* A high level of attention to detail
* High professional standards.
* A strong sense of personal integrity
* A high level of energy and a keen desire to learn new concepts
* Independent thinker and proven ability to make decisions
* Willingness to work hard, including extended hours and weekend work, with an unwavering commitment to quality
Location(s): United States : New York : New York City
As Canada's International Bank, we are a leader when it comes to inclusion. We are a diverse and global team, speaking more than 100 languages with backgrounds from more than 120 countries. We value the unique skills and experiences each individual brings to the bank, and are committed to creating and maintaining an inclusive and accessible environment for everyone. Candidates selected for an interview will be contacted directly. If you require accommodation during the recruitment and selection process, please let us know. We will work with you to provide as seamless a recruitment experience as possible.
Job Segment: Bank, Banking, Equity, Financial Analyst, Investment, Finance
Associated topics: business, call, cash, market, marketing, omni, oms, options, representative, trade
* The salary listed in the header is an estimate based on salary data for similar jobs in the same area. Salary or compensation data found in the job description is accurate.
Loading some great jobs for you...