Associate / Analyst - US LATAM Investment Banking
Compensation: $114,995.00 - $157,490.00 /year *
Employment Type: Full-Time
Industry: Financial Services - Banking/Investment/Finance
Loading some great jobs for you...
Requisition ID: 70559
Join the Global Community of Scotiabankers to help customers become better off.
As an Associate in the US LATAM Investment Banking, the individual will utilize their industry experience to conduct critical technical review of companies and present findings in a concise and professional manner internally or externally to our clients.
The role focuses on preparing client presentations, financial modeling and research. With experience, Associates take on increased responsibilities including directing transactions and participating in business development with the guidance of senior group members.
On any given project, Associates will interact with other departments of the firm and execute on capital markets and corporate lending transactions as part of M&A situations.
* Evaluate and analyzing the financial needs of corporate clients, including the development of financial models;
* Prepare marketing materials and presentations;
* Perform financial and qualitative analysis of companies and industries, including the development of valuation models, pro forma financial statements and comparable company analysis, etc.;
* Participate in drafting prospectuses and marketing presentations for live transactions;
* Participate in all phases of due diligence on live transactions;
* Apply product and capital markets knowledge to help clients achieve their financial objectives;
* Review and assess deliverables before submitting to senior team members;
* Provide assistance to senior team members as well as guidance to junior team members;
* Ensure all activities conducted are in compliance with governing regulations, internal policies and procedures.
* Ideal candidate will possess a relevant bachelor's degree in Finance, Economics or Business Administration, or equivalent qualification;
* Proven record of outstanding achievement in academic and extracurricular activities;
* Series 79 and 63 are an asset;
* Considered an asset to have completed Masters-level/MBA education.
* A minimum of 3 years of industry experience, ideally in Investment Banking, Private Equity or equivalent business functions;
* Strong quantitative skills focused on financial analysis, accounting and financial theory;
* Strong written and verbal communication skills;
* The ability to manage multiple projects simultaneously while maintaining a high standard of work;
* The ability to manage and mentor analysts;
* Strong presentation skills.
* Fluency in Portuguese and/or Spanish.
* A high level of attention to detail;
* The ability to excel under pressure amid demanding deadline;
* The ability to perform effectively in a team environment;
* Demonstrated ability to quickly adapt to new situations;
* High professional standards;
* A strong sense of personal integrity and teamwork;
* A high level of energy and a keen desire to learn new concepts;
* Independent thinker and proven ability to make decisions;
Location(s): United States : New York : New York City
As Canada's International Bank, we are a diverse and global team. We speak more than 100 languages with backgrounds from more than 120 countries. Our employees are committed to a superior customer experience and use the Bank's six guiding sales practice principles to ensure they act with honesty and integrity.
At Scotiabank, we value the unique skills and experiences each individual brings to the Bank, and are committed to creating and maintaining an inclusive and accessible environment for everyone. If you require accommodation (including, but not limited to, an accessible interview site, alternate format documents, ASL Interpreter, or Assistive Technology) during the recruitment and selection process, please let our Recruitment team know. If you require technical assistance, please click here. Candidates must apply directly online to be considered for this role. We thank all applicants for their interest in a career at Scotiabank; however, only those candidates who are selected for an interview will be contacted.
Job Segment: Business Development, Developer, Bank, Banking, Sales, Technology, Finance, Research
Associated topics: analyse, business analyst, business systems analyst, consult, government, investment analyst, legal, refine, refinement, strategy
* The salary listed in the header is an estimate based on salary data for similar jobs in the same area. Salary or compensation data found in the job description is accurate.
Loading some great jobs for you...