Senior Accountant Fixed Assets
Employment Type: Full-Time
Loading some great jobs for you...
The Fixed Assets Senior Accountant is responsible for fixed asset and general ledger transactional activities and will contribute significantly to ensuring the integrity of the IFRS and US GAAP financial statements by performing account and transaction recording and related analyses impacting internal management and external reporting. This position plays an important role in a challenging environment, with particular focus on supporting the provision of management reporting and data analysis to senior management. The successful individual will be required to understand aspects of the organization encompassing operations and support functions. The responsibilities associated with the role include:
- Record general ledger transactions properly in SAP and reconcile to supporting information.
- Provide analysis of full balance sheet and limited P&L activity through review of SAP. Research and explain variances/trends and be able to act accordingly.
- Produce valid analytical schedules in support of monthly reporting activities.
- Assist in the preparation of deliverables for US GAAP reporting and its reconciliation to IFRS.
- Provide suitable financial support to the business functions and understand the nature of their environments and the financial implications of actions.
- Support the general ledger activities of business operations including Fixed Asset Management, Internal Controls, and other departments.
- Respond to requests from external auditors as necessary.
- Ensure accounting processes are SOX compliant through review of existing controls and new processes.
- Identify and implement process improvements.
- Ensure compliance with Iberdrola & Avangrid Renewables financial policies and procedures.
Skills and Requirements
- Develop Self & Others
- Empower to grow
- Collaborate and Share
- Be a role model
- Focus to achieve results
- Be agile
- Bachelors' degree or the equivalent combination of education and experience.
- 5+ years' experience in industry or public accounting relevant to job requirements.
- Sound understanding of US GAAP / IFRS, including application.
- Strong experience with SAP (or similar integrated financial systems).
- Ability to think critically and ask thoughtful questions.
- Advanced Excel skills.
- Ability to work and communicate effectively with all levels of the corporate hierarchy on written and oral interfaces.
- Strong analytical and problem solving skills.
- Skilled to work independently with management oversight
Preference may be given to candidates with the following:
- An additional 2+ years' experience in industry or public accounting relevant to job requirements.
- CPA license and/or graduate business degree.
Avangrid employees may be assigned a system emergency role and in the event of a system emergency, may be required to work outside of their regular schedule/job duties. This is applicable to employees that will work in Connecticut, Maine, Massachusetts, and New York within AVANGRD Network and Corporate functions. This does not include those that will work for Avangrid Renewables.
AVANGRID's employment practices and policies are geared to hiring a diverse workforce and sustaining an inclusive culture. At AVANGRID we provide fair and equal employment and advancement opportunities for all employees and candidates regardless of race, color, religion, national origin, gender, sexual orientation, age, marital status, disability, protected veteran status or any other status protected by federal, state, or local law. Learn more about equal employment by following this link
If you are an individual with a disability or a disabled veteran who is unable to use our online tool to search for or to apply for jobs, you may request a reasonable accommodation by contacting our Human Resources department at 203-499-2777 or firstname.lastname@example.orgNearest Major Market:
Portland Oregon Job Requirements:
Loading some great jobs for you...