Employment Type: Full-Time
Loading some great jobs for you...
Our client, a mid-sized and growing food manufacturing company that you have most likely heard of, is looking for a Staff Accountant
to add to the growing team. This role will be in Philadelphia, PA. This role is moving from Delaware County, PA to Philadelphia by the end of the summer, so you will have to be okay working for a few months in Delaware County to start.
$45K $55K plus bonus
The Staff Accountant will be responsible for the accounting, close, and reporting functions in support of the Company s retail bakeries in various regions. The job will also involve journal entries and balance sheet reconciliation work. The ideal candidate should have an outstanding track record of hard work and have a strong desire to acquire new skills from peers and supervisors and become an integral part of the Finance team.
Responsibilities of the Staff Accountant:
- Performs monthly close and prepares related journal entries for retail locations
- Develops and maintains general ledger account analyses and reconciliations, including AP accounting and payroll by retail store
- Monitors daily revenues, bank account balances, cash and credit card deposits
- Communicates with store managers and regional operations directors to help identify and investigate financial inconsistencies
- Monitors cost of goods sold, variable labor, inventory and other SG&A expenses
- Performs revenue and expense variance analysis of monthly results versus prior year and budget
- Assists the CFO and Controller in the preparation of company-wide weekly and monthly financial reports and other analyses, including balance sheet entries
- Develops value-added departmental analyses and reporting to provide increased visibility of cost drivers to departmental heads
- Prepares schedules requested by outside auditors; prepares year-end financial packages and schedules
- Performs special projects as required
Qualifications for the Staff Accountant:
- Minimum 2 years of financial/accounting experience preferably in a staff accountant role
- Solid understanding of GAAP
- Excellent accounting and analytical skills with a strong attention to detail
- Must have excellent computer skills. Working knowledge of accounting/reporting packages like Sage (Mas 90), SAP, or Great Plains
- Must be highly proficient in Microsoft office suite of applications (Excel, Word and Powerpoint)
- Excellent communication skills, both verbal and written. Strong presentation skills
- Drive for results Must be proactive, high energy , results-oriented, and willing to drive change
- Process Management Well-developed Planning & Organization skills to manage multiple projects and priorities. Must have a high degree of self-direction with the ability to constantly seek innovative ways to perform tasks in an efficient and timely manner
- Customer Focus Strong service mentality and willingness to perform responsibilities outside of the job description. Occasionally work outside of normal business hours as business need arises
- Financial Control The knowledge and application of business processes, internal control concepts and practices to ensure transparency and governance of data and financial results at the appropriate level in the organization
- Bachelor s degree in Accounting, Finance or Economics
- Opportunity to earn up to 5% annual bonus based on individual and company performance
- 401K match after one year of employment
- Eligibility for the company health insurance plan after 60 days
- Paid vacation days
- Paid sick days
- Casual dress environment
- Free lunch Fridays
The post Staff Accountant appeared first on Atrium.
Loading some great jobs for you...