Employment Type: Full-Time
I'm currently supporting a Full Time Sr Accountant opportunity with a government contractor located in McLean, VA. The client emphasizes growth both personally and professionally, this company gives you the ability to grow your career, get the development and training you need to set you up for success in any of your future endeavors.
Top Skills Details
- Candidate must be a current Senior Accountant for 1+ years
- Must have 2+ years' experience working in GL, AP, AR, Month end, and Fixed Assets
- Experience with a large ERP (Oracle, SAP, Deltek SAGE,etc)
- Support Accounting Operations team by performing general activities in accordance with Sarbanes Oxley (SOX) standards
- Prepare journal entries with supporting documentation in accord with best practices
- Conduct account analysis and research to interpret and ensure accuracy and understanding of account activity
- Prepare various complex reconciliations, schedules and reports. Use accounting knowledge to provide correcting entries for reconciling items and work to minimize such items on a go-forward basis
- Support consolidated and/or statutory audits by preparing deliverables and responding to audit inquiries and issues
- Create and/or maintain process documentation and procedures for assigned functions, ensuring compliance with audit and Sarbanes-Oxley (SOX) 404 standards
- Provide cross-training and mentoring with peers
- Provide support on special projects
- Develop new ways to eliminate manual processes
- Participate in projects on accounting related matters with IT and other organizations. Can you drive these processes?
- Must be a collaborate teammate who is supportive of co-workers and contributes to problem solving while performing journal entries and account reconciliations
Additional Skills & Qualifications
- Bachelor's Degree in Accounting or Finance
- 3+ years of experience in Senior Accounting duties (GL, JE's, Month end, Bank Rec's)
- Experience with Fixed Assets
- They are implementing Oracle, so any Oracle experience in a plus
This person will be measured on their ability to research and analyze account activity to help maintain a high level of accuracy within the department.
- What software do you feel most comfortable with?
- What is your experience with Fixed Assets?
- What is your role in month closing?
- How big have your previous accounting departments been?
About Aston Carter:
Aston Carter is a distinguished global provider of recruitment and staffing services to companies requiring highly specialized business professionals. As a Best of Staffing® Client and Talent leader, Aston Carter has an unrivaled commitment to delivering first class service to clients and business professionals across a variety of disciplines, including Accounting and Finance as well as Governance, Risk and Compliance. With more than 60 offices across Europe, Asia Pacific and North America, Aston Carter provides local, regional and global expertise to drive value and meet our customers' unique needs. Aston Carter is a division of Aerotek. Aerotek is an operating company of Allegis Group, a global talent solutions provider.Job Requirements:
Loading some great jobs for you...