- $134,386.67 -157,490.00/year*
Financial Services - Banking/Investment/Finance
354 W 31st St
Assurant Asset Management (AAM) is a division of Assurant responsible for managing approximately $14 billion of assets. In addition, AAM provides multiple investment advisory services to Assurant which includes the evaluation of business development opportunities. For this role, the candidate will work on projects covering both insurance and non-insurance businesses on a global scale and encompassing potential mergers and acquisitions, client acquisitions and renewals, corporate or segment specific business ventures, and any other significant commitments of corporate capital. The candidate will create, manage, and review financial models that will support valuation, return expectation, and scenario analysis of the underlying opportunities. They will typically work with senior members of the team and represent AAM in working groups of functional and business unit experts at various levels across the organization.
In addition to financial modeling for business development, the candidate will be expected to work on and contribute to other quantitatively focused projects, which may include but are not limited to corporate finance, portfolio management and risk management.
The incumbent is expected to show continued growth, increasingly contributing to the decision-making process and to expand their skills and expertise in financial modeling, risk management and in general any areas that combine investment and finance concepts.
The role has direct input into valuing potential capital investments and growth opportunities which in many cases will have significant strategic consequences. Financial modeling and valuation is a significant part of Enterprise Capital Management and the M&A process, and this role directly contributes to Assurants implementation of its growth strategy.
- Represent Assurant Asset Management as a key part of the deal modeling process as part of the detailed review of Assurants business development opportunities. This will often involve creating and/or adapting custom financial models, managing model execution, explaining results, summarizing key outputs, and preparing presentations. At other times this will involve reviewing and/or expanding upon modeling work done by other areas to provide input and/or oversight relating to internal consistency, capability, flexibility and mathematical accuracy
- As part of the business evaluation process, develop, question and validate key model parameters, assumptions, drivers and scenarios. Collect, analyze and extract relevant insights from transaction specific materials, discussions, and due diligence findings. Work with both financial and operating data, understand their limitations and question / probe key issues and assumptions to develop sound and credible financial model inputs.
- Work with cross functional and business unit senior leadership to comprehensively analyze target opportunities; understand and incorporate business trends, sensitivities to key economic drivers, and any potential synergies as well as ensuring tax, accounting, capital, and rating impacts of transactions are thoroughly analyzed and captured in deal models.
- Effectively explain all aspects of the modeling process and transaction related issues to the senior team members, working group members and potentially senior management.
- Be able to effectively represent Asset Management by articulating different points of view to drive analysis, discussion, and decision making around a particular business opportunity.
- Manage analytical projects involving financial modeling not directly related to Assurants business development process. Projects may involve varying degrees of financial modeling and may relate to corporate finance, risk management, and other general areas related to investments and capital management.
- 3+ years of experience in a financial services / M&A setting
- BA / BS Degree
- 7+ years of experience in a financial services / M&A setting
- MBA / CFA
- Associate or Fellow of the Society of Actuaries or Casualty Actuarial Society preferred
- Strong analytical and quantitative skills
- Strong technical skills, ability to build financial models in Excel is a must
- Understanding of accounting and financial statement analysis
- Strong business acumen and intellectual curiosity to learn about different businesses
- Solid background in financial and investment principles
- Knowledge / understanding of insurance company fundamentals
- Ability to work collaboratively in a team environment
- Ability to learn and understand unfamiliar concepts quickly, work independently, take ownership of responsibilities and deliver on a deadline
- Organizational skills with the ability to handle multiple demands and changing priorities
- Ability to effectively question and probe key issues, problem solve, provide and properly articulate ideas and suggestions
- Ability to handle pressure and work with a sense of urgency
- Ability to explain technical concepts and issues effectively
- Excellent communication and presentation skills
Associated topics: broker, broker dealer, brokerage, buy, derivatives, ira, risk, securities broker, stock, trader
* The salary listed in the header is an estimate based on salary data for similar jobs in the same area. Salary or compensation data found in the job description is accurate.
Loading some great jobs for you...