Aramark (NYSE: ARMK) proudly serves Fortune 500 companies, world champion sports teams, state-of-the-art healthcare providers, the world s leading educational institutions, iconic destinations and cultural attractions, and numerous municipalities in 19 countries around the world. Our 270,000 team members deliver experiences that enrich and nourish millions of lives every day through innovative services in food, facilities management and uniforms. We operate our business with social responsibility, focusing on initiatives that support our diverse workforce, advance consumer health and wellness, protect our environment, and strengthen our communities. Aramark is recognized as one of the World s Most Admired Companies by FORTUNE, as well as an employer of choice by the Human Rights Campaign and DiversityInc. Learn more at www.aramark.com or connect with us on Facebook and Twitter.
To perform tasks related to the Payroll and Accounting department.
- Demonstrate a positive attitude, excellent guest service skills and be a team player within the accounting department and the company as a whole.
- Assist departments with ensuring the accuracy of the payroll information being reported and transmitted for payment to employees by providing instruction on how to use ABI Scheduling and WIP tasks or entering missing data supported by documentation.
- Daily notify departments if they need to resolve payroll data before transmitted.
- Data entry into ABI
- Tips/Gratuities/Commission pay earned by employees.
- Deduction of meals purchased by employees.
- Hours to be transmitted for Exempt paid employees.
- Bi-weekly notify departments of those reports they need to generate from ABI for Wage and Hour compliance.
- Import employee information between People Center, Time Plus, ABI, print reports associated with the process and manually enter the information not imported.
- Weekly the employee status changes from People Center into Time Plus into ABI.
- Bi-weekly the payroll data from ABI into Time Plus.
- Bi-weekly verify the information transmitted matches the employee s pay stub, fold the stubs, stuff into envelopes, seal envelopes, batch by component/property where the employee will pick up and print pay check logs for the employee to sign they received.
- Record discrepancies and prepare documents to issue payment.
- Perform day-to-day duties such as filing documents, answer phones, respond to inquires, forward or takes messages as appropriate, open mail sent to payroll and process appropriately.
- Develop and maintain various logs and other record-keeping systems related to assigned functions.
- Paid Time Off Calendars/Reports
- Mailing of Employee Payroll Checks.
- Annually mail W-2 forms, stuff into envelopes and seal envelopes. Type labels for address changes.
- Assist accounting staff with projects as they arise.
- Maintain workspace in a clean and organized manner.
- Know and comply with all company policies and procedures regarding safety, security, emergencies and energy
- Report to work on time and in complete uniform
- Other duties as assigned
Status and Scope:
General direction is received from the Payroll Manager. Must be able to develop professional relationships with department managers, employees and on occasion with guests or vendors.
One to two years of relevant payroll and general administrative experience, or a combination of education and experience from which comparable knowledge and skills are acquired.
- Good administrative and organizational skills with excellent attention to detail.
- Excellent understanding of computerized information systems and Microsoft Office Suite version 2007.
- Good communication skills and the ability to deal effectively with a wide variety of company personnel and employees.
- Professional, friendly demeanor and great patience is required at all times.
- Ability to maintain confidentiality
Fax Machine, Electronic Mailing Machine, Photocopier, Basic Office Equipment, Calculator, Shredder, Printer, Telephone, Computer
Travel Requirements: Little or No Travel (>10%)
SEDENTARY - Lifting up to 10 pounds maximum and occasionally lifting and/or carrying small items (files, manuals, binders)
Physical Requirements: BENDING OCCASIONAL
Aramark is an EQUAL EMPLOYMENT OPPORTUNITY/AFFIRMATIVE ACTION employer Minority/Female/Disability/Veteran